Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

968 turbo rs replica

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 01:04 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

A final medical check by angiologists confirms that everything is OK on the venous side and perhaps the initial diagnosis of the ultrasound was an exaggeration !!! rest tendinitis that will calm down slowly but is no longer invalidating.

So Forza Porsche !!!!!!!!!! We start fitness by:.....

Indeed, Barcelona was chosen by CP Montpellier for a day of testing on Friday 1 July.
I'll get the 968 on Thursday morning at Classic Auto Sport and management Granollers Montmello (500m from the circuit) or we will stay there for 2 days. Indeed, soon the day of testing carried out we will be on Saturday around the "Rambla" story of a little shop (My other half with me .... So !!!!)

test day to check the car will come out of its fitness (too), and I take the opportunity to finish the slicks remaining (hopefully the great sun).
Old 06-16-2016, 04:48 AM
gilbert83
Racer

News side of interventions on car
Turbo removed

Will have to repair the doweling

Incidentally, detection of a leak in the shaft seal ring crankshaft !!! To put in the planning of interventions.

The old tank is removed and replaced with the new ATL (valid until 2021 !!) properly seated in his new box

Awaiting delivery level sensor ( old is too long of 20mm)

To be continued..............
Old 06-29-2016, 12:51 PM
gilbert83
Racer

The Captiva is loaded, the trailer hitched tomorrow ............ departure for Barcelona via Alés to recover the 968 in the garage of Team Classic Auto Sport. And July 1, track laps....track laps ...... to get back in form and validate changes and repairs. For 15 days after, it will finally the resumption of BRM Sport Cup challenge with the races on Pau-Arnos !!!!

Old 07-03-2016, 07:03 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Barcelona 1 July. 30 ° C were there !!! And the box made available were welcome

And it was heated hard on the track and in cars.
First session 9 am which starts with some delay; normal, accreditation and briefing oblige. 15 minutes to recover the track in mind, and that will suffice.

Second session which starts at 10am and 15min .... after the red is on; a Mitjet is in a bac and in a trajectory. I return to the box, cut the engine and after 5 minutes impossible to restart ???? It all seems to work: except the ignition, fuel pumps give good pressure mano, in short, as if security was switched on.
We will completely cool the car and the driver via "air-conditioned restaurant.

After lunch, the track will be open; 2:30 p.m. I press the starter and it starts the first time with impeccable idle. We chain rounds ..................................

and suddenly, just before the pit straight smoke enters the cabin through the gear lever ????

No light, everything seems OK oil pressure and water temp ???? I finished my lap without too much pull and back to the pits. I leave the engine running and did a visual check below and in the engine: RAS ???? And self running great on its slow and T ° of water does not exceed 91 ° C and down to 87 ° as soon as the fan starts running. I decided to go back and 3/4 of the circuit, the engine cut !!! Tow truck and returned to the pits.

I get the car on candle and did not notice anything in particular.
At 15:30, just to try, contact, ignition, and .... vroom, it restarts without taking into accelerated. A real clock. I decide to redo a test very quickly and smell of paint burned tickles me and I notice the lack of power of the car. The mano rise not 1,1b and remains at 0.6 / 0.8b. Stop Box and I noticed that the white paint of the sheet to the passenger foot well brown !! No doubt a leak in the waste gate .... joint, crack, in short, it will begin to store everything quietly. The day is over.

positive, a time of 2'12 "630 is made 1" full of my less than 996 GT3. And it could have been easily improved on clearer towers.

The next day, walk towards the Rambla and return home on Sunday by making a catch by Alés to leave the car there !!! Super nice Butzi the father who came to welcome me and 2 jack later, the diagnosis was confirmed: It's a collar on the neck of the waste gate that has made the trunk on the track !!! There's more than has ............... find, order necklace and ring. Everything will be OK to Pau in 2 short weeks .... fingers crossed
Old 07-04-2016, 10:30 AM
gilbert83
Racer

The video of the morning, shortened by a red set because a Mitjet come on a the gravel trap .

Old 07-04-2016, 11:31 AM
gilbert83
Racer

In the afternoon, the track was open ............. but a connection clamp on the pipe of the Waste Gate decided to disappear !!!!!

Old 07-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

What happened to the headlight? Looks like it's being held in with tape.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:17 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Originally Posted by Jay Wellwood
What happened to the headlight? Looks like it's being held in with tape.
I simply fixed by tongues; and it took strengthen the left.

Originally, they were just nested in strength !!!
Old 07-06-2016, 04:02 AM
gilbert83
Racer

The collar is gone ............. !!!!!! And the insulation of the interior passenger wing car was deteriorated !! Job for the mechanics ...........

Old 07-10-2016, 06:02 AM
gilbert83
Racer

They have not been idle on the side of Alés !!!! The new necklace, barely ordered is already delivered and installed ..... !!
The schedule is respected .... congratulations to the team.

perfectly realigned piping

Necklace reassembled and marked screws to visually control a possible unscrewing

We recovers the car Wednesday morning and towards Aix at MF Power Competition for a check of the Haltech management (decrease richness in slow motion and verification of safety temp)
And Thursday morning will be the start for Pau-Arnos 4th round of the BRM Sport Cup challenge
Old 07-14-2016, 11:42 AM
gilbert83
Racer

15:30, 14 July ...................... we arrived at the Novotel Pau Lescar, after a journey of more than 600km.

air-conditioned room

The pool ... well Motorsport Porsche Club chooses its drop points !!!

and already the car park which receives first arrived !!

We are in good company !!!

The racetrack of Pau will welcome us that from 18pm. So enjoy the relaxation and the view from our room !!!

Old 07-14-2016, 06:37 PM
gilbert83
Racer

The team ended up; the camp is installed ................. barbuc and Bandol rosé program ..... tomorrow and running timed practice in the afternoon: 5:20 p.m.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:55 AM
gilbert83
Racer

Friday, July 15 on Pau Arnos .... 1st session of rolling .... 3 small towers and red flag !!! A GT4 got to gravel trap in full trajectory. 2nd session .............. ..... 3 small towers and the smell of gasoline fills the cabin ??? The new tank moved into position and the big filling hose was dislocated spewing gasoline into the rear trunk !!!! I could have done a nice barbecue !!!! makeshift repairs made pending further longer hoses being delivered .....

3rd session ... it starts to get better and the layout of the new circuit starts to please me .... 20 minutes passed and suddenly the output of the conk-paf by steering to the right, the car goes to .... left straight into the grassy bottom side ????? Fortunately the flow rate is low and I stabilizes the car without touching the rail. 200 meter further away and I was at 180km / h in the right opening onto the pit straight !!!! sad spectacle with a front completely open to 120 °. The left linchpin broke and the hub is hanging by the steering rod and the damper. Big hassle to bring the car in tow, thank you to Butzi who came (into the ambulance) construe a hand. Disassembly to view the piece that broke !!!

Big mistake of designing, drilling / tapping was done too long and has weakened the linchpin to the right of the clip on the hub.

Fortunately,on race track, the assistance is still there and a marshal shows me his boss on the field by doing a repair of this pivot. The above example will allow me to get the car on the trailer to move it ... Thank you.

Tomorrow we will replace the linchpin and load the trailer and watching the races buddies ..................

The revenge at Magny-Cours next month ...............
Old 07-17-2016, 06:11 PM
gilbert83
Racer

Saturday, July 16, day lazing on the track to watch the races mates. Just a little time in the morning to put the provisional pivot.
The car is loaded, the camp is dismantled ........... we returned on Sunday.

Remember a lawnmower !!! I bring good freshly mowed grass home

Climbing self on the set of the tow truck the idler wheel spoiled the wing ... A little fiber and it will be a memory
Old 07-17-2016, 08:21 PM
gilbert83
Racer

It was quick and short as track passage !!!!! A few laps and then leave !!!!

Quick Reply: 968 turbo rs replica