968 Forum 1992-1995

968 Turbo RS version 2 factory adjustable rear wing product development

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 04:07 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

D9 claimed they were building an airbrake version of this...I still want to buy that, but they're dead silent on the subject!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:50 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul RN
I never really see much from them. Lots of projects but nothing really seems to get finished and produced. Half their posts and threads just seem to die.

absolutely incorrect. here's just a few examples;

D9 rear seat delete; done. http://www.deutschnine.com/mm5/merch...-aero-dynamics
D9 rear wing type 2; done. http://www.deutschnine.com/mm5/merch...-aero-dynamics
D9 993/968 hybrid fenders; done.
D9 993 lampset; done.
D9 turbo hood ducts; done.
D9 lightweight, composite windows; done.

just to name a few; http://www.deutschnine.com/porsche-t...ning-parts.php

with an eclectic collection of owners, apathetic at best, and given the lack of interest and support of their 968 projects, it's astonishing to me this mom and pop outfit still exists, bothers to post updates and still manages to keep the lights on and be our friends;

other noble supporters of the 968;

GT Racing - CF and polyester bodyparts
Paragon - brake adapters and parts that cost a small fortune elsewhere
Zims - parts that cost a small fortune elsewhere
German - parts that cost a small fortune elsewhere
Sunset Porsche - parts that cost a small fortune elsewhere
Suncoast Porsche - parts that cost a small fortune elsewhere
Lindsey Racing - endless turbo support
Powerhaus - brake kits, endless 16v turbo support
928 Motorsports; brake kits, supercharger kits
SFR supercharger kits
Speedline - wheels with perfect fitment
SSR - wheels with perfect fitment

how blessed we are.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Paul RN
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
absolutely incorrect. here's just a few examples;

D9 rear seat delete; done. http://www.deutschnine.com/mm5/merch...-aero-dynamics
D9 rear wing type 2; done. http://www.deutschnine.com/mm5/merch...-aero-dynamics
D9 993/968 hybrid fenders; done.
D9 993 lampset; done.
D9 turbo hood ducts; done.
D9 lightweight, composite windows; done.

just to name a few; http://www.deutschnine.com/porsche-t...ning-parts.php

with an eclectic collection of owners, apathetic at best, and given the lack of interest and support of their 968 projects, it's astonishing to me this mom and pop outfit still exists, bothers to post updates and still manages to keep the lights on and be our friends;

other noble supporters of the 968;

GT Racing - CF and polyester bodyparts
Paragon - brake adapters and parts that cost a small fortune elsewhere
Zims - parts that cost a small fortune elsewhere
German - parts that cost a small fortune elsewhere
Sunset Porsche - parts that cost a small fortune elsewhere
Suncoast Porsche - parts that cost a small fortune elsewhere
Lindsey Racing - endless turbo support
Powerhaus - brake kits, endless 16v turbo support
928 Motorsports; brake kits, supercharger kits
SFR supercharger kits
Speedline - wheels with perfect fitment
SSR - wheels with perfect fitment

how blessed we are.
You've proved my point exactly. Done but not for sale, not even on their website. Show me the 993 wings for sale, show me the brake ducts with spots in, show me the vented rear screen. Even then shipping unfinished products to people without instructions. Very impressive!

Got no problem with any other of the suppliers you've mention LR have been brilliant for me.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Paul RN
Advanced

Seem to remember a splitter to that's never appeared for sale too. It's such a shame they do come up with some good ideas, just fail to transition some of them through to a sellable product.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:15 PM
968gene
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 30 Posts

Here is my $0.02
1) My dealings with D9 were straight forward and easy. Nice people
2) There seemed to be a large number of people lamenting the shipping cost on the RS Wing to the US, making the total just out of reach. So, here's one in the US with free shipping and...crickets. https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...r-wing-fs.html
Old 12-03-2011, 10:25 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.

"It’s fine to “disagree”. It’s fine to debate. It is fine to argue in a mature manner.... It is NOT fine to cast third-party suspicions.... calling a vendor “shady”, and/or slandering a supplier or person in any public forum. Rennlist is certainly no exception." — John D.

this is a D9 product develpment thread.... D9 is a Rennlist sponsor in very good standing with the front-engine P-car community, and gives a lot of support to 968 enthusiasts... i purchased their rear seat delete. i received the item in about 21 days, and it's spectacular...

it's not a huge secret that D9 products are often ready for delivery before they are posted to their product site.... Benji and Mark have posted numerous times that their site updates lag behind product development...

if there have been complaints (on a few occasions?) of slow delivery times of D9 stuff when dealing with overseas shipping, this thread is surely, not the place to post such complaints.

Paul,

your comments in a D9 product thread show poor taste.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:51 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by 968gene
2) There seemed to be a large number of people lamenting the shipping cost on the RS Wing to the US, making the total just out of reach. So, here's one in the US with free shipping and...crickets. https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...r-wing-fs.html
I'm a little confused on that subject.

The wing listed in that thread is offered for USD1000.00.

I checked D9's website, and the wing is listed for EUR690.00 plus EUR37.00 shipping to the United States. EUR727.00 is currently something like USD973.45. Where is this huge shipping cost I'm hearing about, which would make the one offered here a good deal?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Paul RN
Advanced

Originally Posted by odurandina
"It’s fine to “disagree”. It’s fine to debate. It is fine to argue in a mature manner.... It is NOT fine to cast third-party suspicions.... calling a vendor “shady”, and/or slandering a supplier or person in any public forum. Rennlist is certainly no exception." — John D.

this is a D9 product develpment thread.... D9 is a Rennlist sponsor in very good standing with the front-engine P-car community, and gives a lot of support to 968 enthusiasts... i purchased their rear seat delete. i received the item in about 21 days, and it's spectacular...

it's not a huge secret that D9 products are often ready for delivery before they are posted to their product site.... Benji and Mark have posted numerous times that their site updates lag behind product development...

if there have been complaints (on a few occasions?) of slow delivery times of D9 stuff when dealing with overseas shipping, this thread is surely, not the place to post such complaints.

Paul,

your comments in a D9 product thread show poor taste.
Seems rather than respond to the facts, you have to look to the forum rules for supporting your debate.

Ignoring that, I think they have some innovative ideas and products which I would like to buy - but they don't sell them on their website.

I think they are fantastic developers they do hit the nail on the head in what people are looking for, I do think they could capitalise on that but they don't.

Perhaps by posting on their development is one of the few ways to help them improve the point of frustration where these products don't get to market. (thankfully this wing did make it onto their website)
Old 12-04-2011, 01:33 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Blah, bkah blah! What's it going to cost?

We've heard it all!
If anyone will EVENTUALLY do it, for a price that makes any sense, it will be deutch 9, and I constantly push those guys. By and large they come through,

Who the hell are you, and if you want to sell your gear on this board, why didn't you man up, and do the honorable thing, by becoming a member, and abiding by the rules?

Riddle me that, and then we'll talk about your ideas.

I'm just sayin! This thread belongs to D9 and WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

Man up and start a competing thread if you think you can do better than they!

ps....but then there's those pesky RULES!

whoa whoa whoa what are you talking about? a guy with one post can't ask what these cost? maybe you thought his quote was something he offered and not a D9 post? or was his post edited before i read it?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:43 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

+1 Chris... ?

I have also noticed D9 works on awesome, uber cool stuff, but they either don't make it to the website or I am just missing something.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:34 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

guys,

try to consider what i've been talking about along a scale.

have you ever seen the Suncoast Porsche site ? they sell a bunch of stuff to wealthy 911 owner types, including a lot of expensive spare parts and glittery cf accessories and such... the dealer has so much money from selling Cayennes, 911s, Caymans, Boxsters and Panameras, they even have the left over time and money to service us almost-non-existent, do-it-yourself, 968 types.

on one end of the scale you have the current state of affairs;

an aging, disappearing fleet of very low-number production cars with near-zero aftermarket product support from WE THE OWNERS. (it seems to me overall, that very few 968 owners even participate in the 3 largest enthusiast boards)...... this very likely contributes to the very low sales numbers for 968 aftermarket products..... which likely, further equates to specialty product developers like D9 probably thinking something like this;

"the guys know my products from word of mouth, the forums and posting up there on the Rennlist product thread..... and if there's anyone interested, they know they can just call me...." in other words, (he'll update the site as soon as he can make a buck or two and get the web developer guy on the phone)....

on the other end of the scale you have cars like the Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Corvette, Nissan 350/370 and Porsche 911. different types of cars to be sure, but none at all like the 968; nevermind that they're all being produced in huge production numbers, but they surely come a lot nicer from the factory to begin.... with nice interiors, huge brakes, with modern body pieces and styling.... nevertheless, when the aftermarket people come up with nice accessories, catback exhausts, performance chips and carbon fibre interior and exterior pieces, thousands of enthusiasts come running to their doors with a lot more money than we have, and scoop up the goodies...

i've run into 2 968's in my life. the first was in the year 1994 while doing work at the UT campus. the next was while i was attending the 24 Hours of Daytona last year. the way you guys talk you would think that somebody actually gives a rats *** about our cars or should !!

D9 seems to be one of the few exceptions. they do.

this is where i'm coming from about this and why i'm being such an *** about it.

thank you for reading my post.

od.

Quick Reply: 968 Turbo RS version 2 factory adjustable rear wing product development