Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

968 Turbo RS version 2 factory adjustable rear wing product development

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:08 PM
troppo
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

looks great, approx how much is shipping to the states going to be?
Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outstanding!

Now, when can we get that vented hatch?!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CF?

Originally Posted by Fox944
will you offer these wings in Carbon Fiber as well as Fiber Glass? I currently have a Carbon Fiber AIR Turbo S rear spoiler, but would be interested in a Turbo RS (ver 2) spoiler.
Any news on this?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 AM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Beni,

The wing looks smashing!

Quick (dumb?) question. With a single long adjustment slot instead of a series of say 4 or 5 holes from neutral position up to maximum "angle of attack", will the wing be subject to move (pushed) downward as a result of wind pressure and frequency (vibration) - perhaps even unevenly - unless sufficiently tightened, which will invariably lead to "over tightening" and eventual cracking of the CF brackets?

Good luck with your sales. Perhaps some of the members here will put together a "group buy" in the Spring.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
future
Banned

Hi Richard

Thanks for pointing this out and it is a question which we have already discussed and will be answered during testing however the "load bearing" chain set titanium bolts we are using which are not shown will insure that the CF doesn't become crushed. The CF adjuster brackets are pre-preg so not the cheap "wet layup" items which has no real benefit over FRP other than the additional strength in the weave. Weight wise wet layup CF manufacturing is only very marginally lighter than FRP as the weight is in the resin.

Any news on this?
We can produce CF in-house (but not pre-preg currently) so yes this is a viable option if required but it would be on an order only basis as CF is expensive at the moment as there is a big shortage due to how much Airbus are using/ordering in Europe Roll width sizes are now also down from 120cm to only 100cm which is another PITA for companies making CF hoods etc
Old 03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fine, fine stuff.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
future
Banned

Outstanding!

Now, when can we get that vented hatch?!!!
Promise coming very soon Jason - Sorry for the delays on this one we've just got so many projects on the go at the moment which all need finishing ASAP
Old 03-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by future
Hi Richard

We can produce CF in-house (but not pre-preg currently) so yes this is a viable option if required but it would be on an order only basis as CF is expensive at the moment as there is a big shortage due to how much Airbus are using/ordering in Europe Roll width sizes are now also down from 120cm to only 100cm which is another PITA for companies making CF hoods etc
Sounds good. Please PM the best way to contact you and an eta as to when i would be able to get a CF spoiler if i were to place an order today. I'm in New York City.

I'm waiting on pictures of the finished product in fiberglass before i make a decision. If i like what i see. I will without a doubt order a CF Unit.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:29 PM
future
Banned

Thanks - ETA will be no longer than 4-5 weeks as the next stage is for me to make the moulds when Beni ships the plug over to me which will take a week at tops the rest of the hardware is being made for us at the moment by a third party in Switzerland. CF is not a problem either but will increase the price by a small margin but I have the stuff in stock - You will need to clear coat it though.

I to can't wait to see it fitted on our 968 development car
Old 03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

clearcoating is fine. I had the sides color coded on my current AIR CF Turbo S spoiler and left the center adjustable piece exposed CF...with clearcoat.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:35 PM
GoKart
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

These are awesome spoilers --- can you do the adjuster plates with around 3, 4, or 5 pre-drilled holes for various angles? I would prefer that over the slider.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

How's that hatch going?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:40 AM
mpplast
1st Gear

Default how much does it cost? Thanks Mike

how much does it cost?

Originally Posted by future
Hi guy's

I'm just putting the feelers out on this one

We currently have two 968 TRS replica rear wings which we are not happy with regarding both fit and poor based OEM design authenticity.

As we have all seen there are about 8 companies worldwide which I am aware of that re-manufacture replica TRS wings but none of them are perfectly correct mainly based upon the adjustable bracket design.

I'm sure everybody is aware of the Number 2 yellow factory 968 TRS. This car had a factory re-designed central wing section which was wider and featured a more pronounced upwards curved rear edge to produce additional downforce over the first versions central section – See the picture below which I have lifted from the great http://968turbo.homestead.com/ website:

This is exactly what we want to re-create using proper black anodized CNC machined aluminum adjuster plates.

We want to provide our version as a three piece unit to perfectly fit with the OEM 968 side and under bridge spoiler unit – Hence this will reduce costs as we will not remake those parts out of FRP unless 944 owners would like these at a later date.

Additionally we want to go one step further an extend backwards the lower central section to match that of the adjustable top wing from the version 2 design.

There are 3 reasons we want to do this:

No1: To produce additional downforce even though this will be minimal
No2: Aesthetical improvements
No3: As you may be aware from the 951 board we are manufacturing a vented race/track rear hatch screen currently still under testing – We are worried about exhaust fumes being vacuumed back into the vents holes (see development pictures below of exactly how our new rear Lexan vented hatch screen will look – Moulds for vacuum forming are nearly finished). Buy extending the lower panel under the bridge spoiler I can play with the airflow if a problem arises:

Best regards,
Mark

P.S. Lastly a picture of a damaged 968 TRS racing in Sweden back in the day:

They still look great even damaged
Old 12-03-2011, 08:09 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mpplast
how much does it cost?
Blah, bkah blah! What's it going to cost?

We've heard it all!
If anyone will EVENTUALLY do it, for a price that makes any sense, it will be deutch 9, and I constantly push those guys. By and large they come through,

Who the hell are you, and if you want to sell your gear on this board, why didn't you man up, and do the honorable thing, by becoming a member, and abiding by the rules?

Riddle me that, and then we'll talk about your ideas.

I'm just sayin! This thread belongs to D9 and WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

Man up and start a competing thread if you think you can do better than they!

ps....but then there's those pesky RULES!
Old 12-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Paul RN
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Blah, bkah blah! What's it going to cost?

We've heard it all!
If anyone will EVENTUALLY do it, for a price that makes any sense, it will be deutch 9, and I constantly push those guys. By and large they come through,

Who the hell are you, and if you want to sell your gear on this board, why didn't you man up, and do the honorable thing, by becoming a member, and abiding by the rules?

Riddle me that, and then we'll talk about your ideas.

I'm just sayin! This thread belongs to D9 and WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

Man up and start a competing thread if you think you can do better than they!

ps....but then there's those pesky RULES!
I never really see much from them. Lots of projects but nothing really seems to get finished and produced. Half their posts and threads just seem to die.

Quick Reply: 968 Turbo RS version 2 factory adjustable rear wing product development