968 Forum 1992-1995

Supercar Sensation

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:39 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercar Sensation

The above named company is starting a new business in Charlotte. They have 7 supercars, Ferrari F430, Lambrogini Gallardo, 911 turbo, BMW M3 V8, Nissan GTR, Aston Martin Vantage, Mercedes C63 AMG.

The Mountain run product is about 12 hours, leaving charlotte, going up into the NC moutains, then returning to Charlotte. they have had 2 practice runs so far. I was in the first group, and let my son go in my place the for the second run. that was a difficult decision. It was the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. The deal is you drive each car about 20 to 30 miles, then ride 20 to 30. Circumstances usually dictate you get more time in some of the cars than others, but David, the owner, really does try to be as fair as possible.

I have no affiliation, I just volunteered for the first run and am a very satisfied customer. I can't wait to do it again. The ultimate cost for the mountain run is going to be 1350 bucks for the day, including lunch. However, as he is working out the bugs, he is offering a trip this Saturday for 600. I can attest to it being worth every penny, as will be the full 1350 once the company gets going with a more polished trip.

Just getting to spend time in the Ferrari alone is worth the cost, at least IMHO, although the Nissan GTR is a faster car off the line, rolling stop, and who knows about top end. That thing is a monster. the M3 is an amazing car as well, and feels like much more than 400HP. The 911 Turbo is, well a 911 turbo brand new. In fact, all the cars are brand new except the F430 and Gallardo. they have around 10k miles and appear as new.

I sure hope David is successful as I would love to know I could run up to Charlotte and drive these cars from time to time. He is planning a couple of other products going forward. Hopefully one will ultimately be a track day, but I think there are a lot of details to work out. I offered my voluntary services to try and set up something at road atlanta for him. I sure hope he takes me up on the offer.

I can't be there this Saturday, as the Thunderbirds are going to be at Dobbins AFB here is Atlanta. I've seen the Blue Angels, but never the Thunderbirds. You can find them at supercarsensation.com. I'm not sure I can list David's email address here, but if you would like it, PM me and I will send it. Again, no affiliation and I get nothing for recommending this. I'm just pulling for David to succeed.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 AM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Potentially very cool! Particularly for those of us who live relatively close by.

I do hope he was not counting on banking money from the Charlotte area...
Old 10-15-2008, 12:01 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Interestingly, there was a news blog today about something similar happening. Looks like more and more people want to "rent" the lifestyle instead of owning it. This is based on the current market trend where millionaires would rather just experience it instead of dealing with ownership.
Raj
Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there was anyway I could justify owning the Ferrari, i would in a heartbeat. It is so much better than any car I've ever driven. I can't even begin to describe the feeling. If I was single, I would buy it anyway. Even though I can't really afford it, I could scrape the money together. You can redo a lot of kitchens, bathrooms, and landscaping for the cost on an F430, and build a new 4 car garage. But it is so sweet.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:55 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 169 Posts

Dave- very strange karma- I replied to your post on the 930 page today. I have a big project kicking off this sunday for 30days (hopefully) but would have loved to participated in your run today, (it was today correct?) If you need any volunteers for instructors or staff I would be more than willing working our a schedule. I have accomidations at the Pennisula in Charlotte and only need an excuse to head south from Va. (We moved the boat from the yatch club there to Smith Mountain Lake YC- loved lake Norman ) I have your e-mail and will send you a note- good luck at Concord Mills, hopefully it will be a good source of draw. The location near LMS should help. I wish you the best on your grand opening.

cheers, Mike
Old 10-16-2008, 11:11 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by smshirk
If there was anyway I could justify owning the Ferrari, i would in a heartbeat. It is so much better than any car I've ever driven. I can't even begin to describe the feeling. If I was single, I would buy it anyway. Even though I can't really afford it, I could scrape the money together. You can redo a lot of kitchens, bathrooms, and landscaping for the cost on an F430, and build a new 4 car garage. But it is so sweet.
Funny SOOOO TRUE- I read your post a second time and had to laugh- once upon a time I owned a 365GTB post 1st divorce in Phoenix and lived in a $275 getto unit. and loved it. I had a new Vette, and vintage Ferrari, a speed boat, a shi$%y rental apt and a half assed divorce lawer but loved life. I met my wife in that little red long nose and she didn't even know what it was,,, poor girl- thanks for the memories, I know what you are talking about, the feeling is hard to describe-Cheers, Mike

Quick Reply: Supercar Sensation