968 Forum 1992-1995

Realistic Weight loss for street/de 968

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:39 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well out of curiosity I looked at his older posts and while RSB is mentioned a few times, he doesn't appear to be pushing products nor bashing other products and has given some good answers to questions asked. I have no idea if it is Max from RSB and don't really care, as the poster has input that can be of use to some of us. Hell, I think I have mentioned RSB more times than he by a number of multiples. LOL
Old 10-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, 'max' is mentioned on another forum as being a person working at RSB, he's says he lives in eastern PA and works as a Porsche mechanic, it's pretty easy to do the math. And that would make me question any product recommendation, if he (or anyone else, for any other vendor) did so. Not to mention the Rennlist guidelines

If you post We/our/my company has... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my product is... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my customers'... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my will be announcing... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my test results for our... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my can make or supply that... - you are selling something....

I would think this guideline also stands for employees of a vendor??
Old 10-03-2007, 03:03 PM
968workaholic
Pro

Damian, I do in fact work at RS Barn. The reason I have mentioned their parts is because they are easy to install and seem to work well. That might sound one sided, and it may be, but I am just speaking from experience. Also, as for the forum guidelines, I have never posted anything about my affiliation with RSB, so as not to look like a vendor. I am not trying to sell anything to anyone, just giving input based on experiences/installs.

As for the origional topic, im not sure how much track you want to do, but removing the carpet and 2 inches of foam in the cars adds up quickly in weight savings.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Max, thanks for coming clean. You may want to refrain from making any specific RSB product endorsements per John D's guidelines above.

'RS Barn makes a cat back system that can also be used with or without a header, and with or without a cat.' (Yup, push the exhaust).

'Ill introduce myself Raj. My name is Max and i live in eastern PA.
So there is a slight vibration but not much, that seems like a fair trade off for the performance gains. My question is how the RSB flywheel is different than the factory unit, other than the material? I would be interested to hear your thoughts.' (Could've mentioned why you were asking . . .)

'However the RSB unit is not machined out on the back side, keeping the same weight as the origional motorsport piece that you have installed on your car. Also, it sounds like you have a bit more vibration than the RSB unit, I have only experienced slight vibrations with the RSB unit from 2000-2200 rpms.' (Sounds like a shill to me, still no mention that you wrench there).

'I think that RSB just started selling the elephant racing monoball bushings.' (Gee, nice product push).

'Pete owns RSB, he will be able to answer any questions you have. Let us know what you decide to do and how everything works out.' (I must've missed this, the let us know part was telling).

This from a two minute search, I don't have time to find more examples.

Maybe RSB should pony up a sponsor fee to Rennlist in reverse?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I do not consider those to be endorsements.
And by not mentioning he worked there (in my view) sounds like he was abiding by the rules.

He, like anyone else is just sharing his thoughts, experience and help.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Eric_k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The estimates look on the optimistic side but close. I don't think the manual rack gets you 30#. You lose the pump & plumbing and the rack is lighter but I don't think it is that much. I only saved about 25# going to a lexan hatch and 25 with the odessey battery. If you are going this far you should also delete the A/C and airbags. There are all kinds of little things that can be pulled out. Cruise Control, Charcoal canister, horns, parking brake etc. Depending on how crazy or serious you are, you can also pull off the bumpers...
Old 10-03-2007, 06:03 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eric_k
Depending on how crazy or serious you are, you can also pull off the bumpers...

Ah.. the open wheel 968.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Eric_k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suppose you could take the fenders off too and make a Ariel Atomish 968. But I was talking about the bumpers which are under the bumper covers.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:22 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Sorry that's what I get for quickly reading Rennlist while configuring two SQL servers for clients.

Quick Reply: Realistic Weight loss for street/de 968