Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

968workaholic, so when are we meeting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:07 PM
968workaholic
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was another post, perhaps it was written at the same time I was posting about the address. After I read it, it looked like there wasn't going to be anyone going. Raj, maybe you could fill us in. Anyway, sorry for standing you up and sorry to you too Stew. If anyone is still interested in getting together at some time in the next month, I think it would be fun.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:53 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by StewHatch
I pulled in around 1:30 and waited till 2:30. Just got back. I got lost despite Mapquest directions but asked for directions and was a little late getting in. I must have just missed Raj.
Sorry to have missed you Stew. I felt better earlier thinking I was the only one who got stood up. Sorry to hear you made such a long drive.
Raj
Old 09-10-2007, 01:54 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
I hear ya pal. Sent you a PM too. Let's hope we can have a real meeting with all of you guys. But, we need to elect someone as the Chair person to orchestrate this endeavor. So, who do we vote as this person?

Maybe this guy --> Raj

Rob, you got it! I have held events before and never was there ever an instance like this before. Lesson learnt.
I will set something soon.
Raj
Old 09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Gee, my prediction rang true . . . I knew this wouldn't happen, and why.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:51 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Gee, my prediction rang true . . . I knew this wouldn't happen, and why.
Well, try and be optimistic. Hopefully the newly appointed Chair person will make the next one materialize. I am sure he will do a great job.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Since its getting cooler in the mornings, lets do it soon. I don't have any travel plans for the month of sep but should be travelling to Newport Beach in late Oct.
What are your schedules like? I want Steve to show up in his surprise ride as well
Rob, is your car done? Which car do you plan on bringing?
Stew, would you be interested in a drive in NJ if we set one up?
Raj
Old 09-10-2007, 10:51 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Since its getting cooler in the mornings, lets do it soon. I don't have any travel plans for the month of sep but should be travelling to Newport Beach in late Oct. What are your schedules like? Rob, is your car done? Which car do you plan on bringing?
My car done? Nope. I'll bring my SUV that will be detailed though, how's that sound? LOL. I can meet just about any time, as long as you give me some notice. I'll bring my camera and take pics of these beautiful cars too.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:01 PM
StewHatch
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Raj - I am in Toronto on business till Friday and I am playing in a hockey tournament on Sunday. The following weekend would work fine. Saturdays are preferred but I am flexible. Where were you thinking of meeting? Anywhere near the Deleware Water Gap? I think (some of) you guys owe me a close one! One more thing: by the sound of it, you guys all have pristine rides with extensive mods. All this talk of Zymol and clay bars has me worried... my car is a 160K driver and gets DE'd, AX'd, and driven AMAP except winters. She has some very minor battle scars but will still catch an eye or two on a drive by. The only mods I have undertaken are LSD, mild brake upgrades, and composite sport clutch. Oh, and I love driving her more and more every day.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:42 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Stew, I wouldn't worry too much about the condition. The point is to drive them and enjoy them and looks like you are enjoying yoru car a lot more than most of us. That itself is something to be proud of.
I will take a look and see what venue would work for everyone.
Rob, I don't feel so bad not bringing my turbo then .
I will start a new thread on this soon.
Raj
Old 09-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in...I just need it to be after this upcoming weekend... Stew, don't worry about the condition, I could always give you some tips on the detailing!

Steve
Old 09-14-2007, 05:38 PM
StewHatch
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks guys. Raj - I want to see that turbo! Mark me down for the next time you guys want to meet.

Quick Reply: 968workaholic, so when are we meeting?