On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Still in.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:43 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered the donuts at the bakery this morning. I think I'll pick up some bagels too, in case anyone prefers a different "munch" saturday a.m.

See ya soon!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got to make the sausage....Got to make the sausage...Got to make the sausage...

Jason
Old 08-10-2007, 09:36 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

LOL at Jason

Wish I could join you all but the Venetian Macao is preparing to open and I need to fix a few things on one of the systems before I can get any time off. I wish they would just fly me out there but right now they are in the middle of a class 8 typhoon so it's good to be home.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:17 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

For anyone who is looking on information on Paddock or wondering how to get there...

http://paddockperformance.com/images/services.html

Directions...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...wloc=addr&om=1

See everyone there tomorrow am.
Regards.
Raj
Old 08-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Vaino
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm out. Pulled the short straw and I'm working this Saturday. Really wanted to see what the RSBarn exhaust, chip and Airbox did on my 968. Car is running really well. Just installed my M030 brakes and rotor's last night and was looking forward bedding in the brakes on the way!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:35 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will not be abe to make this one. I am going to look at some 951's for a beater car. I have 3 lined up for saturday and 2 on sunday.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:22 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Originally Posted by Smokiemon944
I will not be abe to make this one. I am going to look at some 951's for a beater car. I have 3 lined up for saturday and 2 on sunday.
Too bad. We need to talk so we can figure out how to get that part heading north.

Why not postpone looking on saturday and come up? You can still check out the two on sunday and if necessary, pursue the other cars during the week.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:24 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Bump for info.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:44 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

The event was a lot of fun. The day started early for me and Steve since we had an 84 mile trek to Paddock Performance.
Once we got there around 8am, we were greated by Rich Glickel who provided everyone Coffee and Donuts (Thanks Rich! ).
The place was pretty amazing with lots of different Porsches, a LOT of racing cars in different guise and some street cars. Tons of watercoolers. Ken showed up in his beautiful 997 GT3RS and wow, what an awesome color.

Once the cars were moved out of the way and the dyno setup, Steve was the 1st to do his pulls.

Next was John, sorry but I don't have any pictures. He has a beautiful GP white 968 cabriolet, bone stock. After that it was my turn. I started completely stock. This meant swapping the modded airbox with a stock one without any holes. I wanted to do this to get a baseline on where the car is currently.

After the 1st pull, I decided to swap the airbox for one with Dave Greimann's modification. All I can say is, wow!. Cheapest hp one can get in a 968. I picked up a full 4rwhp from this mod.

Then came the big gun, Rich Glickel. He owns this gorgeous track oriented 968 with a few mods and they seem to work quite well.

I don't have everyone else's exact dyno numbers but I walked away happy knowing my car is in good tune. It posted good numbers, especially for a Mustang dyno.

Jason showed up after we were done with our runs and brought along his famous saugage's (Man, they are awesome, thank you!). We had a fun BBQ, with lots of food and drinks. A few other people showed up and we chatted cars for a while.
All in all, it was a lot of fun and I couldn't ask for Paddock to be a better host.
I also had the opportunity to see their new crib that is in contruction phase. This place will be amazing with 19,000 sqft. I look forward to checking it out when its completed.
As a parting shot, the beautiful GT3RS parked in front of Paddock Performance.

Regards.
Raj
Old 08-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Nice write up Raj...Thanks!

I know some people think I don't really have a 968...but, it's not true! I really do have one...it's just not there when most people are around.

Glad everybody liked the Arnold's Smoked Hot Sausages.

Sorry for the shameless plug!

Jason
Old 08-12-2007, 04:52 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Good job Raj. I told you that air box mod was legit!

Super seeing you, Jason, Steve, John and some of the "usual suspects" at Paddock.

Very exciting news about your possible relocation. Although you may want to think twice about getting within striking distance of me, since I will spend the entire winter in your garage working on cars with you .

Call me during the week and I can provide you with some additional leads.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:30 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the update, wish I could have joined you all. A nice range of cars and colors there.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to have missed out-I flew back from Vegas at 1 in the morning, then had to head to the beach for a family reunion. Next time!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:05 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Damian, no worries. There will definitely be a next time for sure, probably sooner than later.
We all have ideas on what we want to test next. I think to see what works, we will be throwing in some aftermarket chips into the mox to see what we get.
Raj

Quick Reply: Dyno day anyone?