Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

968 LSD- time/cost to install

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:33 PM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Raj, we have never met before but if you ever decide to tackle this job I would like to lend a hand in the process as this is something that would be very useful to have knowledge of. Of course if this is alright with you that is.
I have been dealing with this noise for sometime now with my Wife's car. Thanks. Fred.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Fred, not a problem. I spoke with a couple of other folks in the area as well and we decided that it was better for us to learn it ourselves. The $$ we would pay someone can be used to buy the proper tools to get the job done. I am always up for learning, and willing to pay the price.
Let me know how I can help. I have a spare transaxle with pinion bearing problem that we can use to learn on and also install an LSD.
Raj
Old 01-22-2007, 10:12 PM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Raj, does this mean we have a project to look forward to. I am not without mechanical skills, however I am not anywhere near your level of experience with the 968 so this would be a total learning experience for me.
As for getting started, if it is convenient for you and whoever else would like to be involved, any time after the 3rd week in February woulde be fine for me as I will be away off and on between now and then.
Btw, I am in NY and have been in your neck of the woods a few times to see Will at Precision, on your recommendation I might add. Very knowledgable and helpful he is. Fred

Quick Reply: 968 LSD- time/cost to install