Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

968 Performance Chips - 7100A, 7700AT

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:16 PM
flash968
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

white - and let people be misled? we have a responsibility to everyone to stop such things

damian - one guy had unrelated startup smoke - it had nothing to do with the chip - i notice how nobody has said anything about how promax released a chip, with no testing on US cars, that was so rich that it threw the check engine light - they had to take all those chips back as defective - not a single racer x chip has had to be returned - whatever

raj - no chip company is on any "preferred vendor list" - there is an advertiser list, but again, no chip company is an advertiser - any such allogation is foundless - no chip company got any promotions for anything - this was an independent test that i decided to do because i wanted a chip for my car - i then pitched the article as such - that is how i got involved with the magazine in the first place

p.s. - i notice that speed-6 (the vendor for the winning racer x chip) is on YOUR preferred vendor list - that's where you got your LSD, and you've been recommending them to people

now, the same cannot be said about the article about to appear in excellence, but i'm sure nobody is going to say anything about that

and again we stray from my point - if you are going to make specific claims, show valid charts to prove them

i'm not slagging the chip - the chip is decent - plenty of people are very happy with it - i'm only challenging the specific unsupported claims

Last edited by flash968; 02-08-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:45 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Default ProMAX 8000 Ultra

Hi All,

I love it when Bob get's involved as our sales always go up! Thanks again Bob.

Anyway, we are currently working on a new uber chip for the 968. This will be the ProMAX 8000 Ultra and should be realeased in the next few weeks! (for both 968 and 944S2).

What's different? Well, we have gone further by getting multiple rpm increments mapped above 6500rpm (a limit of the standard Motronic program). Net result, is we can add a little more advance and fuel right up to 7750 RPM (we have set the redline at 8000 RPM). As soon as we have some power tests - I'll let you know! Of course, we will have a USA specific version as well to satisfy our large US 968 customer base too!

NOTE: Even though the current chips have higher RPM limits, the RPM cell values are capped at 6500rpm approx (hence, once you rev past that figure - the engine only makes more power based on the torque x RPM multiple [using the same fuel and ignition advance for 6500]).

I'll keep you all posted!

Regards,
Andrew
ProMAX Motorsport
Old 02-08-2006, 01:56 PM
flash968
Banned

cool - i look forward to seeing the charts
Old 02-08-2006, 02:10 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Recommending a vendor as a source for an alternate to Quaife is by no means promoting it. I did not compare vendors or products so there is no preference, just 1st hand experience.
BTW, I think you meant allegation.
Raj
Old 02-08-2006, 02:27 PM
flash968
Banned

clearly there is a preference - you bought one - speed 6 does not make the unit, and many people sell it - you specifically recommended the retailer, and used them yourself, when there were plenty of other choices - that clearly indicates a preference

yes - typo - big deal
Old 02-08-2006, 02:32 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Yawn!
Old 02-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Andrew,

What octane are you suggesting for the new 8000 chip?
Old 02-08-2006, 06:12 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Originally Posted by Lemming
Andrew,

What octane are you suggesting for the new 8000 chip?
Hi,

We should have selectable fuel octane on the chip via the FQS switch (Fuel Quality Switch). I am in the process of unravelling where the scaling values are for the 968 so we can proide the same kind of flexibility we do on the 944 Turbo chips.

Fuel will be 93 MON/RON (98RON EU) and 91MON/RON (95RON EU). We should also have a fuel enrichment setting for those using a cool cone filter or drilled airbox (can be used at track only as will be too rich at idle).

I'll anounce here when ready :-)

Regards,
Andrew
www.promaxmotorsport.com
Old 02-08-2006, 06:57 PM
flash968
Banned

you mean MON+RON/2, right?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:48 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, this sounds like real innovation! Thanks for the hard work.

Flash, please take you bias back to your forum and add a sponsor list to your signature so we can know whose products you will be talking up and down.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:57 PM
flash968
Banned

if by bias you mean i choose the best chip available, then sure, i'm biased - who wouldn't be?

when a better chip comes out, i'll be biased toward that one too
Old 02-09-2006, 03:52 PM
dynatech
Instructor

Flash,
I still really don’t think that you should be making comments on anyones products seeing that you are involved in making your own products and you are a tech writer for a mag to me its just not ethical, I don’t know what gave you the idea to become the vendor police for all of us 968 guys but I for one have had enough of it, I can tell you your comments do more harm that good for the 968 community, Yes I am a vendor or will be for just a little bit longer but I can honestly say that its guys like you, that really closed the deal with us, you didn’t like it when people started making comments on the magazine your heavily involved with or some of the products you have done, so just give it a brake and move on to some positive discussions, Vendors for this small market need encuragement and do not need to be bashed all the time,
Old 02-09-2006, 05:14 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Thanks Scott. Well put. Its a shame if people like him really did have that effect. It will be a loss to the whole community as a whole just because of 1 person's actions. Shame..
Raj
Old 02-09-2006, 08:36 PM
flash968
Banned

well, i think you are dead wrong

to begin with, i am not currently, or ever have been, selling anything myself, and therefore there is no ethical issue whatsoever

also, i am in now way involved in any products in any way related to those on which i comment - again, no ethical dimemma at all

to say that i should not comment as a writer, is just silly - i, above all, should comment - that is what writers do

i have no issues with any comments about the magazine, or anything i am designing, as long as they are true

again, i have no issue with the product, only the unfounded and inaccurate claims being made about it - i ask only that they prove it or stop saying it

vendors in any market have a responsibility to adhere to legal and ethical requirements regarding claims made about their products, and the way they conduct business - they can't just do anything they feel like - i will continue to fight the good fight and to be vigilant in my efforts to insure that they do just that, or suffer the consequences the law provides - it is not limited to 968 vendors either - i do this accross the board - i have been an active consumer advocate for years, and have no plans to change

you're right that vendors need encouragement - however, they need to understand that there are expectations and rules to follow, and if they are not prepared to handle that, then they should not pursue it
Old 02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Flash, please stop promoting your sponsor.

Quick Reply: 968 Performance Chips - 7100A, 7700AT