Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Need close up pics of rubber gaskets/bumpers located at front edge of fresh air intak

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 10:42 AM
wildwestrider
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need close up pics of rubber gaskets/bumpers located at front edge of fresh air intak

I need some close up pics of the engine bay showing proper placement of the rubber blocks that support the hood and the point where they intersect with the rubber gasket that spans the engine bay at the front edge of the fresh air intake area. Prior owner had an aftermarket alarm installed and they modified both pieces, so, in an effort to eliminate the engine bay odors in the cars interior, I am replacing these pieces.

I need tight pics taken from a low camera angle showing where the rubber bumpers are placed in relation to the fresh air box seal/gasket and how they fit together. I have to trim the new rubber gasket/seal to length, so I want to make sure I have everything in the right place before cutting.

Also, need to know if the driver's side rubber bumper is secured to the underlying sheet metal (inner fender lip) somehow.

Brian Collins
Old 09-22-2005, 10:48 AM
wildwestrider
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS.....Please email any pics you think might help to my direct email account bc1@joimail.com

Thanks,
Brian

Quick Reply: Need close up pics of rubber gaskets/bumpers located at front edge of fresh air intak