968 Forum 1992-1995

O/T My bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:10 PM
SMuCK007
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O/T My bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Just thought I'd add a little traffic - the community seems to just have died in the past few weeks.

I'm shipping out to Sri Lanka tommorow for two weeks of hard manual labor! I traveled to Peru in December to volunteer with various healthcare projects, and ended up loving it. Then the Tsunami in SouthEast Asia hit, and I knew that's where I had to go next. My perspectives have changed dramatically since Peru; I'm definitely considering going into medicine & international health now.

Wish me luck! I hope I don't get the malaria....
Old 04-28-2005, 10:56 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, good luck Chris and that is very admirable of you to volunteer for such activities.
Chris, I wouldn't worry too much about malaria. Been there, done that and survived to be here today .
Raj

Last edited by RajDatta; 04-28-2005 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Jacks911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll second that Wow!

Nice to know that Porsche People spend time Volunteering to help others. Any interest in others sharing their other passions in support of others less fortunate ???

I'll add that I have several areas I work in (benefit of retirement) but one I am most excited about is working in support of a local charity call Bridge Ministries for the Disabled.

Regard & a prayer for safe travels to you Chris, Jack from Seattle
Old 05-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Chris, good on you for the volunteering. I remember George going abroad to do some oral surgery, the 968 community certainly pitches in. I didn't notice traffic being down, but I've been away half the month traveling, so I didn't post much myself.

Quick Reply: O/T My bags are packed, I'm ready to go