968 Forum 1992-1995

where to get Turbo S body work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 06:27 PM
sparky
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to get Turbo S body work?

Greetings from "down under" viz. Australia. I'm new to RENNLIST so apologies if this is already answered somewhere .... so much good info to read, I'd need a spare week...

Selling my 2.5 y.o. Boxster S - have put a deposit on a v.clean Red 93 968CS. Am I excited? yes sir. Am also keen to give it the Turbo S makeover as mini-project #1. Not the engine (yet;-) just the bodywork.

Is there a good supplier of these body parts (world-wide) i.e. nose with lower air dam & larger central inlet, bonnet with dual NACA ducts etc, adjustable larger rear wing? And how much should I expect to pay?

Or any other suggestions .... thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:52 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are in the right place check out Fitzgerald racing. They specialize in 968 Transformations he has all the molds. Peter Fitzgerald owns the shop...

http://www.fitz-racing.com.au/
Old 01-25-2005, 07:36 PM
sparky
Intermediate

Many thanks SANDOVAL, but I'm already in touch with Peter awaiting his quote.
I am keen to search out other good sources (anywhere) so I can compare prices etc ... gotta make the most of global shopping opportunities ....
Old 01-25-2005, 07:38 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gert at Carnewal.com can get some stuff but many of the parts are not available.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:34 AM
jm964cab
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am also looking for some of these parts, since the turbo S engine is done. A great find would be the dual bonnet latch system. Please post any findings. Thanks Tate
Old 01-26-2005, 12:31 PM
dynatech
Instructor

BB,
I'm from Adelaide also "God i miss that little place", but now live here in Houston, where do you live, is it a South Australian delivered car, i used to work at Chateau Moteur so i may have worked on your car at one point in its life as i know that there is not to many of them down there,
Old 01-28-2005, 06:09 PM
sparky
Intermediate

Scott - Well gudday mate... youre a long way from home! I live in Redwood Park (up TTG way). How long ago did you work at Chateau? I deal with them quite a lot - good bunch. In fact I had them pre-inspect the red 968CS I just brought from a friend who is also porsche-o-phile. He had owned it for only about 2 years. It was sold new from Chateau in 1993 (for a mere $133,000 !!). Quite rare yes, but a bit of a secret gem for those of us in the know. What are you driving? (please don't say a Suburban)...

PS: to think we used to say "Its a small world" even before the internet. "god I love the internet" ;-)
Old 01-28-2005, 07:04 PM
dynatech
Instructor

BB,
Suburban, i dont think so, im in texas son, got me a pick-up, F-150 supercrew, and a 94 968 coupe, i really have been in your car i remember it quite well, as there was not to many delivered to south aus, i left Chateau Moteur (****ty motors) in 98 (came here for a vacation and never came home) i think i was there from 95 so three years all together, They really are a very good bunch of guys, i used to work for Ral Rainsford (the owner) on the week end also, playing with his vintage cars and let me tell you for a guy with that much money, he has to be one of the nicest gentleman i have ever met ( some people may say different ). keep in touch, I'll be coming home some time this year and will be expecting a ride up gorge road in your clubby, I,ll bring my step dads speed yellow RSR replicar ( i can see me now quietly pushing it out of the shed while he's still in bed ) ha ha ha,

Scott

Quick Reply: where to get Turbo S body work?