968 Forum 1992-1995

968/944S2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Moook
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raj
Im sure i will be , ive got one fitted to my 968cab....
I also went to visit Andrew at Promax, They had an open day of there new workshop. Only a "small" operation at the moment , but he is a nice chap + very willing to help out....

Do you happen to know anybody who would want a nice pair of CS bucket seats.???
I met Graham recently + he tells me that you bought his CS seats from him....
Old 02-23-2005, 12:45 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I have seen S2 tensioner have their issues as well. Mostly, I have seen them sheer off the head castings. The main difference is the variocam solenoid which adds a lot of additional stress to the tensioner on the 968. Based on some calculations made by a friend, he suggested that the cam chain should have been twice its size but due to space limitations, they went with the current size chain.
Raj
Old 02-26-2005, 12:38 PM
RONWISER
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good discussion, but anyone considering a 968 buy should be aware of the infamous pinion problem in the transmission. A very large percent of 968's seem to have had this problem. of course you want to see receipts from the [prior owner as to the fix.
Not fun to see your transmission pulled apart on the shop's bench, then write a check for 3k. Still a great car, and fun to drive. There is a thread on the pinion problem on 968.net.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, 10-15% is a terrible number, but plenty of cars aren't affected.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:36 AM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

I haven't supercharged it yet as I'm still shopping options (I live on the face of the sun, Scottsdale, AZ) and I don't want to give up the AC and can't pay the $25K Powerhaus wants for a T-charger...

Tim @ SFR vented the nose for me and I went that way since they claimed it wouldn't have to be repainted. They were right, it looks great. I got the cone setup from Evo motorsports here in Tempe. It's coming in as cold as it gets!! One thing, when I S-charge it I'm likely going to add an auquamist system to keep it running cold.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:51 PM
fluhrer
1st Gear

Default Cab for Dave?

Hi, Dave --
I'm just putting my cab up for sale. No photos yet, but here's the ad I posted on 968.net with as thorough a description as I can offer. Give me a call if you're interested. Thanks, and good luck.

Dave

1995 968 Cabriolet. WPOCA2962SS840303. Guards Red with Cashmere partial leather and black top. 56K+ miles, 6-spd, cashmere mats, full power driver seat, hi-fi sound system with cassette and 8 speakers. Always garaged and regularly serviced. Timing belt replaced early at 52K. I am original owner and took delivery 7/31/95. Owner additions: ATP 7190 17” wheels (similar to Gemballa Racing wheels on Wheel Enhancement site), Bridgestone RE730s with 75% tread (205/50ZR-17 front, 255/40-ZR-17 rear), Dave Greiman’s silver grille insert, vinyl headlight and fog light covers, wood dash/console kit, silver metal shift cap, stainless sill plates, console and plastic seat hardware painted tan to match cashmere interior, seat side black metal pieces covered in tan leather to match cashmere interior, year-old DieHard battery. Available extras: original set of C2 5-spoke wheels in good condition, original set of painted crest caps, second set of black and silver crest caps, extra new center arm rest hinge. Paint and body in excellent condition except for usual several chips and parking lot dings. Top, other than window, in exceptional condition. Items needing attention: Passenger door doesn’t open from outside, top latches need tightening, rear window still serviceable, but could use replacing, driver’s seat left leather bolster worn and could be replaced, stainless lips on all ATP wheels have some curb rash and need polishing, right windshield has wiper scuff that needs to be polished out, cab boot missing one snap, left headlight has tiny crack under vinyl. Otherwise, everything works, including cold A/C. This car has led a fairly pampered life. All service records, manuals and original sticker included. Asking $22K OBO, and I will throw in a free detailing pre-delivery. Contact Dave Fluhrer at 516-857-7231, or dfluhrer@optonline.net. Photos to come.

Quick Reply: 968/944S2 questions