968 Forum 1992-1995

Cargraphic exhaust ordered

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cargraphic exhaust ordered

Ordered the full exhaust system from Cargraphic today, including the 100 cell cat. Should be in a a month or so, max. I'm going to get the car dynoed week after next as a baseline, then rerun the dyno with the exhaust bolted up. Tom Pulz likes the sound on his S2, and feels there is a performance advantage. I'll know the numbers after the tests. If I can I'll also weigh the units too.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:51 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Once done, you might want to do a 3rd dyno after you have cyntex bun some custom chips for you. That is really the proper way to tune a car.
Raj
Old 07-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Lets see if there are any hp gains with the change, I'm hoping to at least not lose any. Oh, and I'll have an extra tip so you can have the one on my car now.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:58 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's great Damian! Cargraphic's 968 exhaust system looks impressive...I hope it meets or beats all of your expectations after it's installed.

Very cool that you're doing before/after dyno results.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:42 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Damian, that would be awesome!
Raj
Old 07-27-2004, 07:08 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

While we're on the topic of exhuasts, etc., I would like some opinions as to the most effective (potent) set-up for my 968 N/A track car. Headers, pipes, intakes, etc. Of course, I would like to produce some additional H.P. My "plan" is to try and lighten the car as much as possible. To this end I am presently awaiting carbon fiber front fenders, hood and fender flares from GT Racing (Hank says they're on the way later this week). Also awaiting an adjustable 968 rear wing from Atlantic Motion Racing.

Power steering is gone (changing to a 944 manual rack, etc.) and the a/c is coming out too.

Your ideas for best parts, suppliers, etc., are solicted here. Thanks.

Richard
Old 07-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Rich, there ain't a lot out there to do on a plain 968. Since yours is a dedicated track car you will of course lose every unnecessary ounce. For the motor you'll chip it, gaining some revs at the top. I'll know in a month or so if the cargraphic exhaust gives any hp, so that would be hard numbers. I don't think I've ever seen independent dyno runs from B&B or any other exhaust (Techart had one too I think) where there was before and after comparisons.

9M in England has been fiddling with a individual throttle body injector type set up, but hasn't come up with a working model or dyno information. He thinks he can get it done, but we'll have to wait and see.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:25 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Damian,

If I keep this car, it will become VERY light. GT racing sells a lot of carbon fiber parts for the 968 (doors, rear quarters, front & rear bumpers, rockers, etc.) as well as polycarbonate "glass". Of course, this stuff ain't inexpensive, so we'll see how extreme I get.

Powerhaus claims to be able to extract 30+ HP with its header, chip, intake and exhaust pieces. Any info concerning Motec or one of the other computer tuning systems and the 968 power train?

For me, the 968 is the ideal track car. What's amusing is just how many Porsche "enthusiasts" I've met at track events who do not know what a 968 is. I'm not kidding. "Is this a 928"? "This car has 8 cylinders, right"? "All of these cars were turbocharged, right"? Are some of the comments I've heard. 986 and 996 drivers seem to be the most ignorant when it comes to not knowing anything about 968's.

I'd love to own another. In fact, I'm seriously considering selling my '01 Jetta VR6 and buying another 968 for my daily driver!

Richard
Old 09-27-2004, 09:54 PM
gman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damian,

Did you ever get the exhaust? If so, how do you like it?

Graham
Old 09-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Still waiting . . . I'm now told to expect it end of next week. Apparently they have been waiting to fill a shipping container, which has been done. Going forward they expect to have daily shipments as needed, which will do a lot to improve deliveries. Plus, I doubt Cargraphic Germany stocks any 968 parts, as each item I've ever ordered has taken a while.

I'm itching to put it on, then continue with the afpr, dyno tuning, and comparative results. I'll share as soon as the info is available.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:50 AM
user 8430
Banned

Hey Damian where is this unit being shipped from, and where is the supplier waiting for it to be delivered from?

Also any chance you can you take some pics of the unit before and after installation?

How much does it cost..it's a catback setup right?

Have you had the car dynoed previously?

I wonder if they would do a group buy at a discounted price.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Kevin, I'm getting the unit with their high flow 100 cell cat. I don't have a digicam, but I'll try and get pix taken. The car was dynoed at 205plus hp, so I'll have a before and after. Cargraphic is in Germany, but I think the unit is manufactured in the UK, don't know by whom. It's real expensive, I don't know todays price-I'm doing a deal with them thats rather complicated-I'm sure they'd do a group buy, but you're talking a couple of thousand dollars even with a discount.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Kevin, here is the system, along with their air filter and new dme.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:15 PM
user 8430
Banned

wow NICE....A couple thousand maybe I'll just stay with my original and save my pennies for a B&B.

Still would love to see pics though!!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

I was told the system was arriving today. If I can get the time off next week I'll pick it up and get it installed Thursday, then dynoed Friday. I'll post the results at that time.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic exhaust ordered