Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Another 968 Turbo engine photo

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Stealth968turbo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car has the same front mounted intercooler setup and I am waiting for my larger capacity radiator. My car does not over heat in normal street driving, BUT with the A/C on and the temperature in the 80s or higher the temperature goes very high and I think at 90 degrees or higher, it would overheat with the A/C on. There is just too much stuff in front of the radiator. the large capacity radiator seems to solve the problem and I am sure when I get my new radiator in place, that will solve the problem. 18 months ago, I cleaned out my A/C condenser which was full of grass and junk. that made my car run much cooler. So I am thinking that maybe your condenser, Jason, was partially plugged.

Bottomline, with the front intercooler, the stock radiator function is marginal. The larger radiator solves the problem.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

George...how is it that you have 1 post and yet are a life-time rennlist member. ?
Old 07-29-2004, 06:15 PM
TurboCab
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

George:
Which are the dimensions of your intercooler core? Mine is only 5" high and only interfere with a small area of the radiator. Imprtant to mention is that the plastic piece thats guides the outside air through the front bumper cover openning to the radiator have to be removed. I think this piece is very important because when the car is moving, a lot of air goes through.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:19 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG thats sweet... I have the same BOV! I have some issues with getting enough volume in it to open early enough so I am getting surge, when you tap the manifold, make sure its a dedeicated source and the ID is at least 4mm with thick walled hose.

Quick Reply: Another 968 Turbo engine photo