968 Forum 1992-1995

Koni front cut-a-struts

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 08:32 AM
bbain
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Yogii
How to they ride? How are they on rough roads?

-Yogii
AKA 968 Novice
Thanks for asking. I kept both the fronts and rears set as they arrived from the factory at the softest setting. They ride great. They feel similar to the OEM Sachs shocks at lower/city speeds and a bit softer at higher speeds. There's a significant improvement on rough roads at any speed. I also replaced the control arms, so that helps as well.
Old 07-05-2024, 11:42 AM
mbardeen
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Yogii
I understand that to adjust the rear shocks you need to remove the rear wheel to adjust?

-Yogii
AKA 968 Novice
You need to jack the car up and remove the bottom shock bolt to adjust them. Not nearly as easy as the front struts.
Old 08-20-2024, 02:06 PM
Parias
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are you liking your KONI shocks, did someone here experience both KONI and Bilstein in 968? Which one is better for B-roads?
Old 08-25-2024, 10:40 AM
bbain
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Parias
How are you liking your KONI shocks, did someone here experience both KONI and Bilstein in 968? Which one is better for B-roads?
I'm very pleased with KONI Sport shocks. I replaced the control arms as well as the rear shocks with the KONI Sport's (https://www.paragon-products.com/Kon...8040-1035s.htm). I wanted matching shocks all the way around which is why I went with the KONI Sports. I couldn't source new OEM SACHS rear shocks, hence the switch to KONIs.

Obviously the ride is much improved with new shocks and control arms, including B-roads. I don't track the car so I left the adjustments the way they came from the factory at the softest setting. I think it would be difficult to compare the KONIs to the OEM SACHS simply because the SACHS are 30 year old units versus brand new.

I have no experience with the Bilstein's on a 968.
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM
DSMblue
Three Wheelin'

Received 200 Likes on 154 Posts

I did Bilstein B6's on my 968 front and rear, and have had no issue with them at all. Can't say how they compare to Koni on the same car, but certainly a massive improvement over old worn out Sachs units!

Quick Reply: Koni front cut-a-struts