Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Interior Dye

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2023, 11:16 PM
dlearl476
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Well, strip my gears and call me shiftless. Despite my best guess, it looks like Classic Grey is the proper shade, despite it looking so dark on the Mercedes test pieces.

I was in a hurry so I didn’t pull it out into the sunlight, so I took a bunch of pics in varying light in my storage unit. The first pic against the side of the seat is the closest to natural light, the last two are with the phone’s flash. Looks pretty close.

The bad news? I wasted $20 on a bottle of Raseberry. The good news? I have a whole bottle of Raseberry to perfect my airbrush technique on some Mercedes bits. Which will be a good test of the lighter dye against the darker vinyl.

I’m thinking since the top edge is so dark from the sun damage, I might to do a preliminary first coat on just the top with 1:1 mixture of colors as a primer.

Last edited by dlearl476; 07-13-2023 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-04-2023, 05:57 PM
dlearl476
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Well, it’s time. I finally heard back from Paragon and AASE and door actuators are indeed NLA so I’ve stalled my door project off as long as I can. The plan: pull my door cards, dye the tops, clean and lube my lock mechanisms and adjust the door actuators. (I hope the broken bit in the passenger side is one of the replacement plastic bits and not the actuator.) Then reassemble with new gaskets.

Wish me luck, I’m going in.

Quick Reply: Interior Dye