968 Forum 1992-1995

Sport Seat Reupholstery – Autos International or Autobahn Interiors

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 03:01 AM
Renn937
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sport Seat Reupholstery – Autos International or Autobahn Interiors

I am looking to have a pair of late-80's / early-90's sport seats reupholstered in either partial or full leather, still undecided.

By good recommendation, I was leaning towards Autos International. However, I understand Autobahn Interiors is former Autos International upholsterers. Both shops look to do stellar work, but neither seem to have many examples of their work on late model cars. They both seems to specialize in 356 and early 911’s.

Does anyone have experience with either of these shops, ideally with late model sport seats? Advice, recommendations, and photos are welcome!
Old 02-16-2023, 12:54 PM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Received 641 Likes on 478 Posts

No affiliation but this place has a good reputation in the 928 forum: https://www.sonderwerks.com

I don't know the other places you listed, so I can't comment on their work/prices.

Good luck
Old 02-16-2023, 01:18 PM
Yogii
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 136 Posts

Have you talked to the Franzinni Brothers in San Rafael? May of miss spelled their name, but they are very well known and considered the best around these parts.

-Y
The following users liked this post:
Jay Wellwood (02-16-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 02:04 AM
Renn937
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zirconocene
No affiliation but this place has a good reputation in the 928 forum: https://www.sonderwerks.com

I don't know the other places you listed, so I can't comment on their work/prices.

Good luck
Thanks, Zirconocene. sonderwerks does sounds familiar. I might take a closer look at them if AI and AI are backed up.
Old 02-17-2023, 02:07 AM
Renn937
Advanced

Originally Posted by Yogii
Have you talked to the Franzinni Brothers in San Rafael? May of miss spelled their name, but they are very well known and considered the best around these parts.

-Y
Thanks, Yogi. I have not heard of them but will take a look at their work. They would definitely be more convenient give how much closer they are to me.

I have heard Canepa does upholstery in house now. Not sure if it's restricted to restoration customers though.

Quick Reply: Sport Seat Reupholstery – Autos International or Autobahn Interiors