Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

XPost: Does this sound like a blown shock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Darth Coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question XPost: Does this sound like a blown shock?

Oh crap, the crap of crap is coming down on me now. I have one week essentially to get the car settled up. I should have reindexing done very soon. I then need to do the ball joints when they arrive, shouldnt be too bad. Then I have to get the car aligned and bleeded before I go, not impossible. But now the big wrench in the system is that my passenger side shock is leaking fluid. I went to push up on it under the car and it was easy to push up but still had resistance on extending. Does this sound like a blown shock to you? I dont want to take it off and send it to be looked at as I may miss my window of opportunity to get the car done before I go.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:59 PM
mike_hammond
Instructor

Normally while still fitted to the car and on the ground not jacked up, if you push down on the wing (fender) being careful not to dent it, and immediately release, the car should come back up a stay put without any bouncing.

It doesn't sound good if its started to weep, its just a matter if time

Mike
Old 05-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Darth Coupe
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I would do that test, except the rear suspension is dismanteled right now. These are KLA rear shocks that are compression and rebound adjustable so they should be firm in both directions. That is why the weeping and the easy compression when I was under there concerns me.

Quick Reply: XPost: Does this sound like a blown shock?