Heater broke.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Marky Boy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater broke.

Hi all.

My heater is blowing cold all the time :cry: Had a look at the heater valve and when i turn the heater control nowt happens to it. So am assuming this is jammed closed and not letting hot air into the heater matrix. If this is the case is it likely to be the heater valve itself, i.e diaphram, or a vacuum leak.

I pulled the center controls the other night to remove the clock but i dont think it was enough to dislodge anything. Does the vac run from this direct to the heater control valve??

Any one concur or having any extra knowledge or ideas. Please let me know your thoughts
Old 05-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Marky Boy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohhh, Its a 968 by the way with no air con.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:07 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a heater clip that breaks and blows hot air all the time, not sure if it can work the other way but probably worth checking http://www.tech-session.com/kb/index...x_v2&id=44&c=4

The vacuum line does plug into the HCV which you will find above the oil filter.

I suggest you change the HCV if the clip is not the problem. They are prone to bursting and spilling the coolant due to age so it is a good part to change anyway. You can upgrade it to a dicromated steel part for Audis instead of the plastic part used by Porsche. A post documenting my recent change is at https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...+control+valve
Old 05-07-2004, 06:31 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Does your car reach operating temps?
The reason I ask is to eliminate the thermostat. Also, if you have a vacuum leak, the signal will not get to the control valve but it seems like even manually turning it doesn't help.
There are 2 fittings on the firewall that have vacuum connections. One of them connects to a check valve and the other controls the heater control valve. Check your entire circuit from the firewall to see if there is something disconnected.
Raj

Quick Reply: Heater broke.