Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

No Crank

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 03:02 PM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 537 Posts

Even if you can't get power to both at the same time, I think that you can verify the last thing, now. If you power the solenoid, you want to see that the little rod with the gear moves into place the way it should. If you have that, and the starter motor spinning, all should be good.

Cheers
Old 11-23-2021, 04:11 PM
Not_Sure
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

the positive contact on the Starter is not working, thats why no crank. If I connect to the motor body it turns however.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:31 PM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 537 Posts

I see. I took my starter apart to check it when I thought it was not working and it was not terrible, but it also helped to have another set of hands available to get everything lined up for reassembly. Maybe at this point you just want a new starter but if you're interested, it can likely be fixed.

Good luck, I'm glad to hear you got to the root cause.

Cheers
Old 11-23-2021, 04:41 PM
Not_Sure
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zirconocene
I see. I took my starter apart to check it when I thought it was not working and it was not terrible, but it also helped to have another set of hands available to get everything lined up for reassembly. Maybe at this point you just want a new starter but if you're interested, it can likely be fixed.

Good luck, I'm glad to hear you got to the root cause.

Cheers
Yes, Im going to take the solenoid off first and see how tough it looks. Seems the solenoid is the same as on 944 starters, so maybe if I can find just that part, it would be cheaper.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:08 AM
Not_Sure
Rennlist Member

Damn it, I swapped out the Solenoid, and now i know the starter works, installed and still no crank!

Jumped the starter directly by touching the + on the solenoid and it did crank the car. So apparently that wire is not getting power. But it looks ok. The clicking I was hearing is the relay. I was able to put my hand on the relay while turning the key,
:-(

Quick Reply: No Crank