968 Forum 1992-1995

Club Sport Parts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 12:03 PM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by rmlam
See the prior reply from "FrenchToast" - you probably have a "Radio Communication Antenna" for the pit crew to communicate with the driver. Mine might have had the same but was removed over the years. Would be interested to know if your antenna has a cable going to the radio or.....?
If a pit crew communicating with the driver the there would have been a corresponding cabin connection/plugin for any headset or helmet, no? I guess the only way to find some clues would be to remove the rear roof panel under the antenna and check for any routed cabling. As the front windscreen does not have any radio antenna set in the glass I can only assume the radio uses the roof antenna, and the short stubby style was simply a Porsche cosmetic option at the time of ordering(?)
Old 01-13-2019, 03:44 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by thingo
There won't be a hole, the radio was an option on the CS. No hole in my CS. And of course no rear seat.
There you go. Seems as though hole-less 968 roofs exist.

Originally Posted by rmlam
See the prior reply from "FrenchToast" - you probably have a "Radio Communication Antenna" for the pit crew to communicate with the driver. Mine might have had the same but was removed over the years. Would be interested to know if your antenna has a cable going to the radio or.....?
The motorsport antenna system would not have been available to the public. It would have only been available through the motorsport department. Calling it "factory" is a stretch - each motorsport order would have likely been custom configured to the team, regarding the antenna style and setup.

Generally (in this era), an antenna was only installed for endurance racing. Otherwise it was left out.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:45 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
The motorsport antenna system would not have been available to the public. It would have only been available through the motorsport department. Calling it "factory" is a stretch - each motorsport order would have likely been custom configured to the team, regarding the antenna style and setup.

Generally (in this era), an antenna was only installed for endurance racing. Otherwise it was left out.
Good to know - makes it clearer.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:52 AM
968ClubSport
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck with your search! Great to see that there is more than one CS originating from Belgian on here. Is it a later ('94 or '95) model?
Old 01-17-2019, 04:59 PM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

I had one of these clubsport shelves that I used for several years then sold on.

Frenchtoast's information is correct, it uses brackets from the ends of the shelf to the outer seatbelt receiver mounting points, but it also has provision for a centre bracket to the leading edge of the cargo floor. My shelf didn't come with this centre bracket and my car didn't have a point for the bracket to mount to on my car. With just the outer brackets the shelf wasn't very secure and moved around a bit so I wasn't comfortable with putting decent weight on it.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:25 PM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

Just stumbled across early photos of my car with the parcel shelf

Old 02-03-2019, 09:51 AM
rmlam
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968ClubSport
Good luck with your search! Great to see that there is more than one CS originating from Belgian on here. Is it a later ('94 or '95) model?
1993 model year. Currently has the Cup 2 wheels although I am searching for the correct cup 1 wheels.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:06 AM
968ClubSport
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

That explains. Nonetheless a gorgeous car!

Quick Reply: Club Sport Parts...