Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Moook
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front sway bar mounts?

Hi folks
Hope you chaps can help?

Im on the hunt for a company that makes/supplies uprated front sway bar mounts.
I have seen a site /company that does these but cant remember who/where.
Does anybody;
a,know what im talking about +
b,know where i can get these from?

Im upgrading to M030 bars shortly + want to do the job right the first time.
Hope you can help
Dave W.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:40 PM
William Green
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moook? Thought it would have been meeoww
Old 01-15-2004, 10:00 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I know Kokeln sells their complete kit, not sure it uses factory swaybars though.
You can also go with weltmeister setup as well. They both offer their own drop links if that is what you are referring to.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:25 PM
midblue
Track Day

I changed to M030 bars and used KLA drop links and Delrin bushings. Worked out well for my car.

Ron
Old 01-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Moook
Racer

Hi Ron
How did you find the difference with the MO30 bars?
Did it increase the stiffnes of the ride or did they just reduce roll in cornering?
Also with the delrin bushes,did they help much + did they also increase road noise in the cabin?
Ive been told that the delrin bushes "squeek" a lot?
Ta
Dave W.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:34 PM
midblue
Track Day

Hey Dave- I noticed only a slight difference when the M030 bars were installed. My car did corner a bit flatter and did seem to be a bit harsher over the bumps. No appreciable increase in road noise. The bushings have not made any noise on my car but I know someone else who installed the Delrin and they've had an issue with squeakiness. One other thing you might want to look into is a strut tower brace as the addition of the KLA brace I got for my car made the biggest difference in the handling and solidity of the front of my car. My car definitely seems more connected to the pavement then before and if budget allows I would recommend doing all the mods as it makes a good thing better.

Ron
Old 01-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I put mo30 sways on first my old coupe and then on my present cab, and I installed strut tower braces on both as well. (Cargraphic on coupe, KLA on cab). Along with the other mods I've done I'd rank mo30 as the second most effective in improving the handling and enjoyment of the car. Strut tower brace came in after the mo30's. For me, changing the steering wheel to the euro Club Sport wheel ranks first. It feels so much better, and transmits the attitude of the car so well, that I'd put this first on my list. Then sways, then strut tower brace. BTW, I had 17's on my coupe, and started with 16's on the cab then put on the Supercups.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:54 PM
midblue
Track Day

Damian- is the diameter of the Euro Club Sport wheel the same as stock.....and am I correct that it doesn't have an airbag? I believe I've seen pictures and it is a good looking rim. The stock 968 rim here in America with the airbag has the puffy pillow look that I've never cared for.

I wonder if Dave might have the Euro Club Sport Rim already being that his car is European spec and I believe an airbag rim was an option.

By-the-by I had a custom dyed wheel skin made for my steering wheel that I then had sewn on to the existing rim that gave the rim a "meatier" feel in the hand- made a big difference.

Ron
Old 01-16-2004, 08:54 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Ron, until I put it on I always thought it was smaller-but the o.d. is about the same, but the wheel is thicker. (I was hoping for a little more room, with the sport seats and being lowered I have to limb into the car when the top is up). Yes, no airbag. I'm thinking of a roll bar in case of a problem . . .
Old 01-16-2004, 11:18 PM
midblue
Track Day

Smart move with the roll bar!

Ron
Old 01-17-2004, 01:02 AM
William Green
Instructor

The CS steering wheel was an option on our cars. I was lucky that when I got my cab this was already fitted.

Got to agree with Damian that the feel from the wheel is far better than the standard steering wheel. Thicker rim and smaller in overall size really gives the car a more precise feel.

Airbag is not an option.

Also if you put the small coloured Porsche crest on the centre of the wheel, over the embossed crest it gives the steering wheel a much smarter look.

William
Old 01-17-2004, 01:41 AM
sayporsha
Pro

There's a set of M030 bars & new bushings in the classifieds right now.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Moook
Racer

Hey Ron
Ta for the reply
Yes i have got the euro [club sport steering wheel] "standard "on the euro only Sport.Also got one on the cab. + they do feeelll gooodddd. But dont know what a standard 1 is like[never having driven a car with 1 on].
Yes i have just installed the KLA strut brace on the cab + got 1 to install on the coupe aswell.
##########I know im being greedy########
Next uprade is the 030 bars but dont know weather to install a set only on the coupe or do both?
Also the delrin bushes?
The cab is used every day + the coupe for track days + Sunday morning blats on the country lanes near us.
Regards
Dave.W.,
Old 01-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Moook
Racer

Damian
How do you find the Supercup,s.
They LOOK fantastic, but i would think the ride has become quite harsh [18" i guess]
Is this so?
Regards
Dave W.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Dave, they're 17" Kinesis Supercups, got them from www.wheelenhancement.com - I didn't want 18"s on the cab. If I was going to do 18"s I would've bought the RH 3.6 Speedline lookalikes instead. The RH's aren't available in 17"s in that style.

The only issue I had is that I had them make the wheels with enough offset for the planned Big Reds, and they are right out to the edge of the fender well. I've gotten a touch of tire rubbing on big bumps, so I'm going to have the fenders rolled-that should take care of it. Surprisingly the Kinesis Supercups in 17" won't clear Big Reds so they have to add a touch of offset-I was glad I asked, I would've been ticked off to buy the wheels and find out my brakes wouldn't fit afterward.

Quick Reply: Front sway bar mounts?