Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Stone guards?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 11:58 PM
Boeing 717

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts
Default Stone guards?

Since I put spacers on the rear I'm worried about stone chips on the aft fender portion.
Did our cars not come with aft stone guards? I looked in parts manual but only saw front.
Will 944 rear clear stone guards fit?
Old 07-24-2017, 01:09 AM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Don't think there are any on the rear of the car. What I'm going to do is have my guy do paint protection film on all the areas of the car that were heavily chipped with road rash. If you have a shop in your area I'd go to them and have them custom cut and protect any vulnerable areas.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:50 AM
Boeing 717

Originally Posted by Chuck Z
Don't think there are any on the rear of the car. What I'm going to do is have my guy do paint protection film on all the areas of the car that were heavily chipped with road rash. If you have a shop in your area I'd go to them and have them custom cut and protect any vulnerable areas.
Yea, I actually bought a roll of EXPEL. I want to use it instead of the 3m because it won't yellow over time. I tried to make a template last night but it was too difficult. I was going to buy a rear stone guard and use it as a template I just don't know if 944 rear will work.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:16 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 515 Posts

Jerry...
I painted my 944 in 2011 and have put a lot of miles on it, both on and off-road, roads here are poor quality, lots of rocks and **** flying around...no significant chipping on the panel in front of the rear wheels.

I did actually buy the pre-cut XPEL or some other brand clear 944 rock guard stickers, for both front and rear (front wheel rear edge, and both front/rear edge of rear wheel) but never put them on. I just found the complete set yesterday.

If you pay shipping you can have the full set - I'm never going to use them. Send me a PM if interested.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:41 PM
Boeing 717

Originally Posted by V2Rocket
Jerry...
I painted my 944 in 2011 and have put a lot of miles on it, both on and off-road, roads here are poor quality, lots of rocks and **** flying around...no significant chipping on the panel in front of the rear wheels.

I did actually buy the pre-cut XPEL or some other brand clear 944 rock guard stickers, for both front and rear (front wheel rear edge, and both front/rear edge of rear wheel) but never put them on. I just found the complete set yesterday.

If you pay shipping you can have the full set - I'm never going to use them. Send me a PM if interested.
Haha thanks Rocket. I just ordered 2 rear 944 stone guards. Bad timing. Let me see if I can cancel and I'll get back to you. Thanks a lot for the offer.
I don't have stone guards on front or rear and have no rock chips either but the rear wheels with the spacers really stick out in front of rear edge of wheelwell so I'm worried.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:29 PM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts

the plastic can take it more so than metal

on the other hand, the bottom of the plastic side skirts on my car are no longer blue as the park service uses cinders instead of salt. the tail edge of the mounting bosses are down to the poly. the rear bumper gains a few pounds over the winter. kinda fun to drive on uphill but downhill coming in too hot, not so much. i usually hang a rear tire on the inside lip for the edge friction.

Quick Reply: Stone guards?