Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

What 965 came with evo uprights stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 02:24 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What 965 came with evo uprights stock?

Was wondering what 964T (965) was fitted with evo uprights along with RS tie rod ends and lowered to RS specs, What I'm looking for is a factory built 965 so I can check what alignment specs were used for that particular car.

thanks
Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

None, I believe. It's a 993 era component.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Evo uprights have no effect on alignment settings really. They simply correct bump steer by keeping the tie rod straight at a reduced ride height which negates sudden toe changes. Find specs for 3.8rs and go from there
Old 03-16-2014, 04:57 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys. I've read some remarks here and there by people who really know their stuff who say the 964/5 naturally toe's out on braking into a turn. How 0 (zero) toe is advantageous if there are evo uprights, otherwise the recommendation is toe-in otherwise. Also, I"ve been told if I have AWD I should go with zero toe also in the front (but no recommended toe spec for the rear).

My car is lowered to RS specs, has all 993 RS front suspension, but stock rear 965 turbo trailing arm. Can't use 993 alignment specs as I don't have kinematic toe like the 993 has with all the multilink system, and the 965's don't have AWD either.....

What alignment should I be following? What do you guys recommend? I just finished doing the elephant racing control arm bushings and need to get her aligned this week. Mostly city driving with some "sport" attitude.

thanks in advance..
Old 03-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
I've read some remarks here and there by people who really know their stuff who say the 964/5 naturally toe's out on braking into a turn. How 0 (zero) toe is advantageous if there are evo uprights, otherwise the recommendation is toe-in otherwise. Also, I"ve been told if I have AWD I should go with zero toe also in the front (but no recommended toe spec for the rear).

My car is lowered to RS specs, has all 993 RS front suspension, but stock rear 965 turbo trailing arm. Can't use 993 alignment specs as I don't have kinematic toe like the 993 has with all the multilink system, and the 965's don't have AWD either.....

What alignment should I be following? What do you guys recommend? I just finished doing the elephant racing control arm bushings and need to get her aligned this week. Mostly city driving with some "sport" attitude.

thanks in advance..
If you are running more negative camber than the stock setting, that is the only reason to run more toe-out. Running toe-out with negative camber decreases rolling resistance as the toe-out will counteract the tires tendency to roll in a curved trajectory.
You could run RS alignment specs or go halfway between stock and RS settings.

Quick Reply: What 965 came with evo uprights stock?