964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Tail light housing

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 AM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The housing the light assembly sits in is very flimsy metal. I would imagine the bottom of it might be bent and causing the fitment issues. The rear bumper needs to be removed and further inspection needs to be done.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:57 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmm951
The housing the light assembly sits in is very flimsy metal. I would imagine the bottom of it might be bent and causing the fitment issues. The rear bumper needs to be removed and further inspection needs to be done.
That's what I am going to do, I'm on vacation and this thing is currently bugging me day and night .

When I get back in July ill look into it and now I'm happy about the car and mechanically I solved the dilemmas it's just this thing now.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:30 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found the issue, I just knew that the new porsche 964 tail lights don't use rubber seals. Removed them and the fit is perfect. My tail lights are brand new ie jan 2013 purchased from suncoast including centre reflector. The previous issue about the bracket light is normal showed the body and paint section of the garage as they re assured it.

I am over the moon happy.

Quick Reply: Tail light housing