Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Another Picture thread..PICS PLEASE OF some 964 Turbos!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 10:59 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Thank you...
This car has the best stance. Mine looks 4X4 compared...
Old 10-10-2018, 09:13 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 108 Posts

here's some new pic's , Black looks great when detailed to the nines
Old 10-13-2018, 02:25 AM
mowaffaq
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

A few from a photoshoot earlier this year of my 3.6 turbo.. wasn't sure about the colour combination but it's all I see now

Name:  photo138.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  2.11 MBName:  photo488.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  279.5 KBName:  photo692.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  1.27 MBName:  photo211.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  240.5 KB
Old 10-13-2018, 08:33 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Very nice

I don't remember the splitters or the euro side markers.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:17 PM
mowaffaq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
Very nice

I don't remember the splitters or the euro side markers.
Thanks Anthony!
They were there all along
It is a Japanese delivery and the PO added the splitter and CF door sills.
I just added kilometres
Old 10-14-2018, 09:06 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mowaffaq
Thanks Anthony!
They were there all along
It is a Japanese delivery and the PO added the splitter and CF door sills.
I just added kilometres

That's right. I have looked at too many and they are starting to meld. How are you enjoying it?
Old 10-14-2018, 02:24 PM
mowaffaq
Rennlist Member

That's right. I have looked at too many and they are starting to meld. How are you enjoying it?
It is absolutely brilliant. A few weekends ago I put about 300 miles in it; and boy what a treat! It is so good that I honestly didn't feel a major difference in driving it compared to modern cars.

Initially I thought I wouldn't enjoy the turbo that much, with the lag and all, but to my surprise I fell in love with its rapid surge when pushed at different RPMs. The handling is just superb and the car carries itself very well at different speed ranges.

Every time I drive it I discover something new about its character. I haven't taken it to the track, and I don't think I ever will, but I can easily imagine that the experience would be unforgettable.
I am very lucky to own Porsche's of different generations; and it didn't take me long to realize that the 3.6T is a very very very special car. The 993TT is a great car, but there is something about the looks of 964's and the RWD handling that puts this one, for me, head and shoulders above any other air cooled Porsche- if we take the 964 Carrera RS out if the equation

With that in mind, the two cons that can come up with are: 1. The suspension, a little soft for my liking, but by design I assume to give it that luxury element as Porsche's answer to its early 90s haters. I know it can be easily addressed but I'm going to leave it stock; part of the appeal 2. The attention.. more than I ever imagined! not sure if I can call this a con but I like to fly under the radar.. it might be the red interior though!

Cheers
Old 10-14-2018, 02:47 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mowaffaq
It is absolutely brilliant. A few weekends ago I put about 300 miles in it; and boy what a treat! It is so good that I honestly didn't feel a major difference in driving it compared to modern cars.

Initially I thought I wouldn't enjoy the turbo that much, with the lag and all, but to my surprise I fell in love with its rapid surge when pushed at different RPMs. The handling is just superb and the car carries itself very well at different speed ranges.

Every time I drive it I discover something new about its character. I haven't taken it to the track, and I don't think I ever will, but I can easily imagine that the experience would be unforgettable.
I am very lucky to own Porsche's of different generations; and it didn't take me long to realize that the 3.6T is a very very very special car. The 993TT is a great car, but there is something about the looks of 964's and the RWD handling that puts this one, for me, head and shoulders above any other air cooled Porsche- if we take the 964 Carrera RS out if the equation

With that in mind, the two cons that can come up with are: 1. The suspension, a little soft for my liking, but by design I assume to give it that luxury element as Porsche's answer to its early 90s haters. I know it can be easily addressed but I'm going to leave it stock; part of the appeal 2. The attention.. more than I ever imagined! not sure if I can call this a con but I like to fly under the radar.. it might be the red interior though!

Cheers

That is fantastic. So glad you're enjoying it. You have quite a collection to compare it to. I do understand. It is hard not to love them all but each has its pros and cons but none feel like the 964T. It truly is a unique experience. I couldn't make it to the event out at LI today to meet BB1 Mike and Steve but took a drive before the season comes to a quick end and ended up at my favorite lunch place. Towne Deli in Summit NJ. They make a NJ version of a Sloppy Joe which I get with roast beef, munster and cole slaw on three pieces of rye bread. It is a special treat. Not your man-which sandwich.

I have met Michael Imperioli there a few times.

I do love how these cars surge forward in a uniquely different way, you can have as much fun at partial throttle as I have in other cars at WOT.

Last edited by cobalt; 10-14-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:59 PM
mowaffaq
Rennlist Member

That is fantastic. So glad your enjoying it. You have a quite a collection to compare it to. I do understand. It is hard not to love them all but each has its pros and cons but none feel like the 964T. It truly is a unique experience. I couldn't make it to the event out at LI today to meet BB1 Mike and Steve but took a drive before the season comes to a quick end and ended up at my favorite lunch place. Towne Deli in Summit NJ. They make a NJ version of a Sloppy Joe which I get with roast beef, munster and cole slaw on three pieces of rye bread. It is a special treat. Not your man-which sandwich.

I have met Michael Imperioli there a few times.

I do love how these cars surge forward in a uniquely different way, you can have as much fun at partial throttle as I have in other cars at WOT.

I agree 100%

Seems like a great day for a drive, and Cobalt looks gorgeous as ever!

Old 10-14-2018, 09:00 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

We missed you today Tony. Ben also showed up and was asking for you.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bad Boys 1
We missed you today Tony. Ben also showed up and was asking for you.

Sorry I couldn't make it. I missed NJMP track event as well. Just been busy with so many things. It was too much work to make it out there although it would have been nice to see you guys and Ben again, I hope you said hello for me.

Any pics?
Old 10-16-2018, 04:10 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 668 Posts

Hey yea, PICS!!! I have them. BB1Mike was relying on me the WHOLE DAY Lol.... I had my whole family there too, so apologies for ducking out several times during the day.

I did capture some cool moments during the "Driven to America 2" Max Hoffman Tribute day sponsored by Collector Car Showcase. It was a VERY fun day.

Here is a small collection of 964 oriented pics (some of them are from the outer parking lot the day before, as we all prepped the cars for movement out to the Mansion front lawn).
.... I'm also sneaking in a pic of mostly 930 turbo's, primarily because it was quite impressive how many guys brought them. SEVERAL full rows of them in fact. Plus that pic shows you the grassy lawn & the NYIT de Seversky Mansion. Beautiful location...
I'll also probably split these pics up into multiple posts (since I have so many)

First batch focuses on the RS3.8 & the Rubystone RS...

Last edited by bweSteve; 10-16-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:24 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

And this one is my favorite pic,.... not so much because it is a creative pic of Mike's Bad Boys car (because it is not), but because it shows how HE HAD HIS OWN ROW!!! Literally had an entire lane leading up to the car.
... and once again it caused quite the stir.
Unfortunately they did not allow signage,... so it had to work its way around the field by word of mouth that it was the actual movie car,... but it did.

I had one conversation with this very young married couple,... they asked me what the stir was all about,... Almost as soon as I told them it was the actual movie car, the wife broke out in full laughter, and the husband lost his mind. My jaw must have dropped, cuz I was quite surprised at this response, thinking they were too young to be watching the movie this many years later. They both start talking over top of each other, He's telling me all this stuff I can't remember, and she's telling me this is their VERY FIRST time ever they have ever bought "tickets" to a car show as a couple, and that he's been spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME online looking at all-things Porsche,... and they were not sure what this was going to be like. It was so funny to listen to. Anyway,... He finally pointed out across the field and he said "they need signs, cuz we don't know how significant any of these cars are!!" Lol.

Bad Boys gets it's own row....

For this shot I was standing in the middle of the field looking back at the Mansion... (930 mecca)
Old 10-16-2018, 04:27 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

And since this is a 964 Turbo PIC Thread,... I'll finish with some of the yellow 3.6 Turbo that CCS brought....

Old 10-16-2018, 07:45 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

^^^ 2005 Small i blue bolt speedlines LOL. Beautiful car Looks like the one that sold at Amelia this year.

Thanks for posting sorry I wasn't there. Although were you guys there for 2 days?

Quick Reply: Another Picture thread..PICS PLEASE OF some 964 Turbos!!!