Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

My 964 Turbo 3.6 reincarnation

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM
H2O LOL
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would not had been as nice. Make sure the people that fix it know what the heck they are doing. Sorry.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM
30 CSL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** HAPPENS.
As they were pushing my car to the workshop probably another clients cars door hit mine and now I am left with a big ding on the passenger side and I am pissed.

It cannot be fixed via dentless repair and needs a respray. They will fix it for me on their behalf and I am also going to tell them to give me discount as this is not the only time I have bad experience with them.
That's really a pity ! I must honnestly admit that I am a bit surprised by your remark (you say it is not the first time you are experiencing such a situation with them).

As a matter of fact I would have even expected the contrary (without objective reason, I reckon), namely these people doing a better job than in the rest of the world ! Seems I am wrong

I know it is easier to say when it is not your own car but : Take it easy and make sure they will do a perfect paint / repair... I keep my fingers crossed.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am really frustrated and they are slow I brought in my car mid december its still not with me. They only had to do new wur, gaskets hoses, piston rings, flywheel clutch,disk/pads and engine down service not rocket science. They are telling me now another 2 weeks to receive the car.

The weather was starting to get cold when my car was in for service and now the weather is becoming hotter day by day. I was expecting to receive the car when the weather is still cool so I can enjoy cruising in my favourite dream car the Turbo 3.6.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM
mapolus
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dude, I'm really sorry to hear that. What a shame.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I wouldn't rush'em, or else they'll really **** it up.
The only thing worse than a slow methodical moron is one rushing to get something done.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

I am losing my patience, they promised me to give me my car back this week and typically there is a delay which I am used to hearing from them every time.

I pass by today feeling optimistic and seeing my car left outside without the transmission and engine, they were under the impression that the flywheel was in stock and now they have to order it from Germany which is another 10 days.

By the time this flywheel arrives and they begin to install and test the car thats probably another 30 days or so by their standard.

Things to be installed

New brake discs and pads, the whole tail light unit centre driver and passenger, new porsche classic radio, short shifter and racing pedals.

Things I need to order are sunroof seal and side skirt seal.

I saw the dent today in person for 2nd time and I do feel that it can be fixed via paintless repair and with some polish the scuffing might go.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I am losing my patience, they promised me to give me my car back this week and typically there is a delay which I am used to hearing from them every time.

I pass by today feeling optimistic and seeing my car left outside without the transmission and engine, they were under the impression that the flywheel was in stock and now they have to order it from Germany which is another 10 days.

By the time this flywheel arrives and they begin to install and test the car thats probably another 30 days or so by their standard.

Things to be installed

New brake discs and pads, the whole tail light unit centre driver and passenger, new porsche classic radio, short shifter and racing pedals.

Things I need to order are sunroof seal and side skirt seal.

I saw the dent today in person for 2nd time and I do feel that it can be fixed via paintless repair and with some polish the scuffing might go.
I would be pissed!!! There is no excuse for these types of unprofessional and careless acts. If you have to have the door painted, it will be very hard to match to the rest of the car. Whatever they do, make sure you take a close look at the car under the correct light conditions so that you can see every small spot on the door and the rest of the car. The firm that I have places your car into a separate room with lots of lighting so that you can see everything on the car.

I know that you don't want substandard work, but a lot of the items that you mentioned should have been planned for well in advance. Please keep us posted and I hope you get your car soon.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Thank you, it helps to vent out over here. Its my dream car and its not an ordinary car as many know they only made 1,437 of those and prices are just going to go higher.

Substandard work doesnt cut the mustard for me that is why i am present at the workshop on a near day to day basis.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:18 PM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I will be removing my sunroof in a couple of weeks and let you know what is involved, as well as some pics.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 AM
Max964t36
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry to read you're having all these troubles, hope everything will be ok soon!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mmm951
I will be removing my sunroof in a couple of weeks and let you know what is involved, as well as some pics.
Thank you and that I would dearly appreciate. I am postponing it to a later date and the emphasis is on the side skirt seal.

Originally Posted by Max964t36
Sorry to read you're having all these troubles, hope everything will be ok soon!
Thank you, I am trying to be patient as my fist is itching me and would like to punch the service advisor and the workshop manager in the face for their stuck up behaviour and lassez faire style of work.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Okay since Thursday the engine is back in the car, new clutch, new flywheel.

(not yet installed)new front brake discs, x4 new pads.

Today they installed new fog lamps, Orange indicators and removed the ugly aftermarket clear ones. Now its looking like the BadBoys Turbo 3.6

I think worst case scenario one month if anything new appears and they need to order it.

Whats left is to adjust the CO and install Short Shifter and Porsche Classic Radio.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Sharker
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohh, I want that service cover!.. Throw it in the frunk when you pick it up!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:09 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Glad to see that your service facility is making progress. Hopefully you will have your car faster than anticipated so you can finally enjoy it.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:47 AM
Turbo Jonny
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Fingers crossed and hope all goes well for you.

Quick Reply: My 964 Turbo 3.6 reincarnation