964 Turbo 3.6 parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 04:12 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 964 Turbo 3.6 parts

Hello,

Where can I get the u.s spec front orange reflectors ?

Are there oem seat covers, ie I want to replace the original leather to a new original leather. I am a bit confused I saw in the UK sites a seat cover i.e. is it a new replacement part or something you use over the existing seats ?

I found those for 600 quid.

How much would a new oem exhaust cost ? The car I am looking at has an aftermarket exhaust/

Would it spoil the cars authenticity if I get OEM red seat belts ie to match with the cars red brakes ?

Where can I get the oem radio, the car I am looking at right now has an aftermarket radio ?

Basically there is a SLIGHT chance that I am going to get a Turbo 3.6 in the next few days (WISH ME LUCK) its the most affordable "Child Hood Dream" after a F40.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 12-03-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:07 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 595 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Hello,

Are there oem seat covers, ie I want to replace the original leather to a new original leather. I am a bit confused I saw in the UK sites a seat cover i.e. is it a new replacement part or something you use over the existing seats ?

How much would a new oem exhaust cost ? The car I am looking at has an aftermarket exhaust/

Would it spoil the cars authenticity if I get OEM red seat belts ie to match with the cars red brakes ?

Where can I get the oem radio, the car I am looking at right now has an aftermarket radio ?

Basically there is a SLIGHT chance that I am going to get a Turbo 3.6 in the next few days (WISH ME LUCK) its the most affordable "Child Hood Dream" after a F40.
Good luck with the purchase!

I'm a semi purist i.e. I don't think the car needs to be enhanced cosmetically and should have some patina, but some modernization is ok e.g. a modern radio of a subtle style is ok.

I think I've seen the same seat kit. It looks like an aftermarket product to replace the existing leather, not cover it. Personally I'd rather refurbish the existing seats than fit new leather. If the existing leather is not damaged, then the result is going to look more original.

Not sure about the OEM exhaust, but new is going to be $$$$, even if you can find one.

Red seat belts. Well some Porsches of the era had some wild combinations so I imagine cars of the day could be ordered with them. I'm not a fan of gaudy interiors, but it is/will be your car. Go for it if you want to.

Again, good luck. They're amazing cars. I've had mine for 11 years and never get tired of looking at it, even if the driving miles have tailed off over the years.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Sharker
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are these what you are looking for?
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Sharker
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Also,not an original but an OE radio that is much better than what came with it, still looks period correct

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharkerp38/8077954988/http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharkerp38/8077954988/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/sharkerp38/, on Flickr
Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Hello,

The stock exhaust system is extremely expensive and extremely heavy. If you can buy it new it would cost big $$$. For example the wastegate cat is $2,500 new - I can only imagine what the primary exhaust cat costs new, let alone the header, heat exchangers, cross pipe, exhaust can, oil tank and all of the misc. oil lines and other connector pipes and parts. I suggest you evaluate exactly what stock parts remain on your car and then look for a used system or parts somewhat local to where you are - otherwise the shipping will be more than the used parts purchase price!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 595 Likes on 354 Posts

I should have added re the seats that a special part of the ownership experience is the interior smell, of which the unique Porsche leather smell is a big part. Don't want to lose that.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

^ Thanks guys. Yes I would like an oem head unit.something period correct
Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sharker
Also,not an original but an OE radio that is much better than what came with it, still looks period correct

IMG_3960 by SharkerP38, on Flickr
Originally Posted by Sharker
Are these what you are looking for?
Correct, I want the orange markers and a radio similar to yours can these be purchased online or I have to go through the dealers ?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by John McM
I should have added re the seats that a special part of the ownership experience is the interior smell, of which the unique Porsche leather smell is a big part. Don't want to lose that.
Yes the leather is 80% good, I also thought about adding the RS or Turbo S bucket seats. I found Recaro Pole Positions, still thinking.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping I get the car.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

What is the best sounding exhaust for these cars? , I want the loudest and meanest sound.

The car I am looking at I believe has a B&B exhaust headers etc.

Quick Reply: 964 Turbo 3.6 parts