Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Anyone tried the Sylvania Xenarc HID's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 06:14 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Anyone tried the Sylvania Xenarc HID's?

I'm looking at buying this setup as it is compliant with all USA and Canadian standards. Has anyone tried and/or heard anything good or bad about these units? Price is US$699.

<a href="http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/x60246054.htm" target="_blank">http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/x60246054.htm</a>

fc-racer
Old 06-10-2002, 07:49 PM
jeff91C2T
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd bet you're ahead of the curve on this one fc. From a cost stand point. Looks like an excellent value. To upgrade to the H1's will cost more then the these.

So fc, that means you can be the "tester" ;-)

Are you planning on going to the Whistler tour? I'm planning on going. Should be fun!
Old 06-10-2002, 07:56 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seem to be testing a lot of things on this car

I doubt I'll be able to make it to the Whistler event. I think I have a dragonboat race that weekend. I'm also not much into the show n'shine thing.

I got the Andial microfueller installed. Car seems to pull a bit harder up high, but I notice that my EVC cannot hold 1.0bar right up to redline. It starts to drop to about 0.9bar at the top end. I wonder if it's an exhaust restriction, turbo capacity issue or an intake leak. Anyone have any thoughts?

Now that I have the fueller, I feel like upgrading the turbo

fc-racer
Old 06-11-2002, 10:50 AM
jeff91C2T
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Could very well be a leak. Taking off the intercooler is a pretty easy job (if you have a 13mm swivel socket). Takes only a few minutes. Might be worth pulling off and checking all the gaskets and hoses. I had my lower elbow (the one under the car right on the turbo) come off before...

I wish I had my friends dyno run of his stock 91 Turbo. You'd be amazed at the difference in #'s between his and mine. Spool-up was like night and day. On the C2turbo board there ares some cars with the bigger turbo's (K29 I think). They make more power but at the sacrifice of the low end. Certianly not what we want for the autocross!

Quick Reply: Anyone tried the Sylvania Xenarc HID's?