Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Post Turbo Causes Book Delay

Okay guys the pressure is on. My book will be delayed a little bit because we have discovered so little information is available about the Turbo from official and un-official sources. We have agreed to try and properly fill this gap for the 964 Turbo.
So I need the 964 Turbo owning guys to ramp up their contributions. The engine is the publishers main concern. So this is what I need,
How do you drop the engine on a Turbo. What are the disconnect procedures, where are the disconnects located, electrical, mechanical etc.
Obviously any particular things to look out for. If you have the whole procedure please let me have it. You can send it to me in word format to my private address. If you wrote it up then you will receive full credit for this.
I would also like the procedure for changing the oil in a Turbo. Is it the same as the earlier Turbos. Are locations all the same as say a 1989 Turbo.
The maintenance procedures in the engine bay, getting the engine in and out are all unknowns. Intercooler removal and installation all of these things totally missing at the moment.
Your help would be greatly appreciated. Differences between 3.3 and 3.6 Turbos would also
be appreciated.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 09-12-2002, 02:31 PM
MB965
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts
Adrian,

I can help out with some input on the Turbo 3.6 with respect to the engine oil change, valve adjustment, intercooler removal, and spark plug/cap replacement, as I have done them recently. I did take some digital photographs (so I would remember what went where, can you use them?

I have done a suspension kit install also but it is probably very close to the 964 so I am not sure it is needed.

I will get to writing ASAP and will email you the MS Word files.

Regards,

Mike
Old 09-16-2002, 08:21 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Talking

Dear Mike,
Thanks. Just pile anything you want my way. What would you want to see. A nice photo of the removedintercooler would be kool, especially what it looks like underneath. A photograph of a Turb distributor from directly above with cap removed and a close up straight on photo of the pulleys off the crank would be nice.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 09-16-2002, 11:17 AM
Mark S.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adrian,

Sorry to hear about the delay. As to procedure for engine removal it is the same as the 964 motor. The only difference is removal of the intercooler (remove the intake manifold and several vacuum tubes and a few bolts). The rest drops down like any 964 motor.

Lot's of photos on my site.

Mark

[quote]Originally posted by Adrian:
<strong>Dear Mike,
Thanks. Just pile anything you want my way. What would you want to see. A nice photo of the removedintercooler would be kool, especially what it looks like underneath. A photograph of a Turb distributor from directly above with cap removed and a close up straight on photo of the pulleys off the crank would be nice.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4</strong><hr></blockquote>
Old 09-17-2002, 07:56 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Talking

Dear Mark,
Nothing really to be sorry about. It is the way of publishing. You do not see things until it is all laid out in front of you. Publishing is a process of delay really. This has been a huge learning curve for me.
Anyway thanks for the offer. I shall visit your site and take a peek,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

Quick Reply: Turbo Causes Book Delay