Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

1994 911 turbo 3.6S model#964770

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 04:28 AM
keynes
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

$375K minus the refurb/reseal. Plus yesterday's appreciation minus $5k for the red piping. Just a swag. Shame the horse gets rode more often.

Keynes
Old 02-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by keynes
Shame the horse gets rode more often.
My daughter rides horses so I can confidently say horse ownership positively makes Turbo ownership look like a bargain
Old 02-13-2014, 02:38 PM
e6tme
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a 3.6 S package here in Boston that is a driver and is parked in the city. It only has 17K miles, but is in comparatively "rough" shape for such a low miles car.

Monica, congrats on your ownership of such a unique car. I know there are many who question the value of a 3.6S package, vs. a standard 3.6 or indeed a 3.3, but more many, myself included, it's the ultimate US market Porsche.

I would be afraid of removing those stone guards... they are terrible IMO, but depending on how long they have been installed, and if they have been installed over the factory clear guard, you are definitely risking paint damage upon removal.

I would say it is in the $350-$375k range.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:28 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

It is certainly a rare and valuable car. However, it is not worth or going to sell for $350,000+ simply because it has way too many miles on it (per the OP). That is not to say it has too many miles on it for a Porsche, just to bring that kind of money. There has only been one confirmed sale of a package car of late, and that car had only 9,000 miles. To the collectors who will actually write checks at these levels (meaning the 10-20 people in the country), this is a $300,000 car less any service and recon the car needs.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:41 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by secretcollector
It is certainly a rare and valuable car. However, it is not worth or going to sell for $350,000+ simply because it has way too many miles on it (per the OP). That is not to say it has too many miles on it for a Porsche, just to bring that kind of money. There has only been one confirmed sale of a package car of late, and that car had only 9,000 miles. To the collectors who will actually write checks at these levels (meaning the 10-20 people in the country), this is a $300,000 car less any service and recon the car needs.
Was that the one I told u about?

Me thinks this car would go at the 275k level

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Old 02-14-2014, 08:14 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Originally Posted by e6tme
There is a 3.6 S package here in Boston that is a driver and is parked in the city. It only has 17K miles, but is in comparatively "rough" shape for such a low miles car.

Monica, congrats on your ownership of such a unique car. I know there are many who question the value of a 3.6S package, vs. a standard 3.6 or indeed a 3.3, but more many, myself included, it's the ultimate US market Porsche.

I would be afraid of removing those stone guards... they are terrible IMO, but depending on how long they have been installed, and if they have been installed over the factory clear guard, you are definitely risking paint damage upon removal.
Stone guards will be tough to remove but if you take your time they should not be an issue. It took me 3 hours per side to remove mine with a heat gun set on low. Came off 1/4" at a time but was worth it.

Originally Posted by secretcollector
Not sure if mileage and originality is as much of an issue as it used to be. The cobalt blue turbo that recently sold for $169k was heavily modified a year ago the moods would have hurt its value. There was a time not that long ago that the whereabouts of any package car was unknown. I knew of the black one that sold a few years back, back in 2003 however i almost had my head handed to me for looking under the cover. Like anything supply and demand with only 16 left maybe less if you want one you have little option. I would guess with the interest in these cars demand is greater than supply and it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I don't see how we can put a ceiling on the value of any of these. If the right buyer is looking I don't see why $350k is out of question.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, apparently Monica has left the building.......
Old 02-14-2014, 01:02 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Truth is with such a low production of cars it is hard to narrow down a price. Only collectors and sellers know what the true value is at the time of sale. Basically it depends on how bad the seller wants to sell or the buyer wants the car. Prices are through the roof at the moment but that is not to say that this time next year that would be the case.

Also IMO there is a distinction between original, modify and heavily modify.
Original: as it left the factory..no parts added or taken away. Except maintenance items.
Modify(or non original): factory parts added or taken away(ahem! injection pump) simple bolt ons.
Heavily modify: color change, body changes, engine internals enlarged, factory interior removed and replaced with AFTERMARKET seats, instruments, carpet etc..etc....in other words anything that would cost a fortune to even consider brining it back to Original
Old 02-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Monica10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by keynes
$375K minus the refurb/reseal. Plus yesterday's appreciation minus $5k for the red piping. Just a swag. Shame the horse gets rode more often.

Keynes
Is this what swag means? "Scientific Wild Assed Guess"

Thanks, I like the swag and I am learning new internet slang everyday.

BTW. Yesterday was a magnificent sunny day here, "Knight" and I had a blast on the trails!
I do not ride him much either because he is still underweight. Knight is a rescue horse who eats 24/7. He was sadly neglected and starved by his former owner.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Monica10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by e6tme

I would say it is in the $350-$375k range.
Thank you so much.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Monica10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tasracer
Was that the one I told u about?

Me thinks this car would go at the 275k level

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Thank you secret collector. I appreciate your help.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Monica10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
Stone guards will be tough to remove but if you take your time they should not be an issue. It took me 3 hours per side to remove mine with a heat gun set on low. Came off 1/4" at a time but was worth it.

Not sure if mileage and originality is as much of an issue as it used to be. The cobalt blue turbo that recently sold for $169k was heavily modified a year ago the moods would have hurt its value. There was a time not that long ago that the whereabouts of any package car was unknown. I knew of the black one that sold a few years back, back in 2003 however i almost had my head handed to me for looking under the cover. Like anything supply and demand with only 16 left maybe less if you want one you have little option. I would guess with the interest in these cars demand is greater than supply and it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I don't see how we can put a ceiling on the value of any of these. If the right buyer is looking I don't see why $350k is out of question.
Thanks Cobalt Blue. Any time you are in my area not only are you welcome to look under the cover. You may also take her for a spin around the local park.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Monica10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Big Jock
Youre forgiven, what a beautiful car,tho I wonder why someone has put stone guards behind the shark fins?
Thank you. Everyone is asking about the stone covers. They were on the car when purchased. I can see now that they are not a pretty picture. May be I can take a hairdryer to heat them up and they will slowly pull off.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Monica10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Monica10
Thank you. Everyone is asking about the stone covers. They were on the car when purchased. I can see now that they are not a pretty picture. May be I can take a hairdryer to heat them up and they will slowly pull off.
I mean stone guards.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:43 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Since you're in the process of learning internet "slang" i would suggest that your car is in need of
an Italian tune up

Just sayin ... lol

Cheers
Phil

Quick Reply: 1994 911 turbo 3.6S model#964770