Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Wanted & Need Turbo rear tail spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wanted & Need Turbo rear tail spoiler.

Hello guys, am after a 964 Turbo rear tail spoiler ideally with the tail lid in tact.

My email: Koonshum@aol.com

thanks

Norm
Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Come on guys! I need need one with the 965 rear lid too!

thanks

Norm
Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Nski
Come on guys!
Gee Norm, am I supposed to give you the one off my car?
Old 08-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Gee Norm, am I supposed to give you the one off my car?
Paul, did you PM me? because if you did, am really sorry I was emptying my inbox, and must of deleted your! wat a clutts!

Your giving me the one off your car????!!!!

Norm
Old 08-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Your giving me the one off your car?
Sure, if you want to buy the car that's attached to it, I'll throw the tail in for free
Seriously, I'd think that you could easily source one with a salvage yard rather easily. All the salvage yards over here have them. They aren't cheap but have to cheaper than new.
Drop a PM to Cobalt: I think he still has one for sale. I think it's a stock base and a Turbo S flatnose top, I think.
Try the Pelicanparts classified too.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:07 PM
biggles
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to find, I have been searching for months now even on Ebay, Good Luck
Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,178 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
S
Drop a PM to Cobalt: I think he still has one for sale. I think it's a stock base and a Turbo S flatnose top, I think.
Try the Pelicanparts classified too.
I offered him a perfect 964 turbo tail rubber lip, grills, etc with a 930 lid the tail has been stripped down and prepped for paint but he seems to want only a 964 turbo lid which is nearly identical to the 930.

It took me nearly 2 years to find a factory 964 tail and lid but I am keeping the lid for the turbo S tail which I will get to once my new garage is built. The salvage yards want more for the lid than i want for the 930 lid and 964 tail combined.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
I offered him a perfect 964 turbo tail rubber lip, grills, etc with a 930 lid the tail has been stripped down and prepped for paint but he seems to want only a 964 turbo lid which is nearly identical to the 930.

It took me nearly 2 years to find a factory 964 tail and lid but I am keeping the lid for the turbo S tail which I will get to once my new garage is built. The salvage yards want more for the lid than i want for the 930 lid and 964 tail combined.
Sounds like ol' Norm is looking for a smokin' deal that doesn't exist. Smokin' deals on 965 parts are few and far between, in my experience.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Anthony and Paul, may I say thank you for your help.

What bother! As I didn't know the 965 lid is different from a 964 normal carrera lid

To tell you the truth, i'd just missed out on a rear spoiler with lid a week before I put the wanted note out. Isn't it sods law when your not looking for it, its available!

There was one local to me from a Porsche Indy, but it was only for a rear spoiler but no lid.

Anyway, I did source one from Van Zweeden with the lid intact, but they wanted around 1200euros not including postage or tax. So not cheap!

But luckily enough from this thread a friend on here in the UK knew there was a Turbo trackcar on the build, and a lot of the parts were getting stripped.

When I turned up, the rear lid spoiler was still on the 3.3 turbo which was good as everything was intact plus it was in excellent condition. Bought a vry cheap price.

Yes its true Paul, parts are hard to find for a 965, and dont come along everyday!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Good on you, Norm. Good to hear that you didn't have to sell your firstborn for that tail.
Seems like every time I need a part lately, I suffer sticker shock. Frequency valve $400. Thermotime switch $200. Blower motor $500.
Thank God I got my one and only smokin' deal on rear rotors this summer. Two brand new, in the box for $350, shipping included (essentially it was buy one, get one free). It'll be another 4 years before I run across that kind of deal again
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great find Norm.

Have you even been so lucky to find it in the same colour code of black? All you need is to get a 3.6 badge and get the wing fitted if you have.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:21 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,178 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Anthony and Paul, may I say thank you for your help.

What bother! As I didn't know the 965 lid is different from a 964 normal carrera lid

To tell you the truth, i'd just missed out on a rear spoiler with lid a week before I put the wanted note out. Isn't it sods law when your not looking for it, its available!

There was one local to me from a Porsche Indy, but it was only for a rear spoiler but no lid.

Anyway, I did source one from Van Zweeden with the lid intact, but they wanted around 1200euros not including postage or tax. So not cheap!

But luckily enough from this thread a friend on here in the UK knew there was a Turbo trackcar on the build, and a lot of the parts were getting stripped.

When I turned up, the rear lid spoiler was still on the 3.3 turbo which was good as everything was intact plus it was in excellent condition. Bought a vry cheap price.

Yes its true Paul, parts are hard to find for a 965, and dont come along everyday!
Good for you Norm. As we say here, you stepped in it and how true that when your not looking for it they always seem to be available. I searched for far too long just to find a 965 lid which is far harder to find than the complete assembly. I finally broke down and purchased the entire assembly, meanwhile I purchased a 930 lid because I figured i would never find a 965 part. I am glad it worked out and if you were lucky enough to find it in the same color than you really stepped in it. Unfortunately for me Cobalt blue parts don't come around period.

So if anyone is interested in a 930 lid or 965 tail already stripped and prepped for paint let me know. I am willing to work out a fair price if you take both the lid and tail. Pictures upon request.

Norm good luck with the project.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys again, if I didn't put a thread up on here, I wouldn't have been able to strike on a rear spoiler locally. Sorry for not buying yours Paul or Ant, if I wouldn't of got one, I knew you guys would kingly help,so thanks again.

As Steve will tell you there's a friend of ours who has a spare spoiler in Lilac,but no rear lid,which we were upset to findout a 965 lid is different to a normal 964.Thanks to Warren and Stev!
To answer your question Steve, yes I will be getting a 3.6 turbo silver badges;-) but unfortunately the colour shade is different so this and the sharkfin,front bumper will be painted and tidied.

Of course I will be enjoying the car, but as we all go through the motions of getting them perfect and to how they want them,so a list goes on.BUT this will keep me busy until my trackcar is painted!H(
Old 09-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Whilst were on the subject to parts and how expensive or hard they can be to source.

The same guy has offered me the airbag steering wheel, which am tempted to buy, as previous owner has changed the steering wheel to a Gemballa air steering wheel.Can I get one cheaper than £200?

There's also the front,rear bumper plus all bumper beams and side skirts all in great condition for £1500, are they worth that?

Unfortunately I was too late for a full black sport seat interior which has gone for £1500!!

The reason for his sale is everything is getting replaced with fibreglass panels for a trackcar.

What other parts are worth asking?

Quick Reply: Wanted & Need Turbo rear tail spoiler.