Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Attention Texas Area 964 Turbo Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 413 Posts
Default Attention Texas Area 964 Turbo Owners!

It’s that time again- time to come to San Antonio for Fiesta! That also means it's time for Longhorn Region (San Antonio) PCA's "Fiesta Challenge" benefit for the Wounded Warriors Family Support Center. This is a fun event for a great cause and you could walk away with some very nice prizes and awards, so consider joining us for at least one of these events April 15-16. Details are in the article below. Please PM your email address to me for an entry form or any questions. Hope to see you there!

Fiesta, bluebonnets and Porsches come together once again for the annual Longhorn Region Fiesta Challenge! Put April 15th and 16th on your calendar now to participate in these great events along with your fellow Porsche enthusiasts! This year, the Porsche Center of San Antonio is again graciously sponsoring the Fiesta Challenge events with all proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Family Support Center. You are invited to come out and support our sponsor as well as the men and women who have sacrificed so much.

New this year is a raffle for some great prizes. If entered in a competitive event, you’ll automatically be entered in the raffle. Each competitive event you enter will automatically get you a chance to win, so sign up for all three events and get three chances! Raffle items are two round trip tickets on Southwest Airlines, a Holiday Inn Express weekend, four Sea World season passes, one of two Harris Hill Mini Driver’s School classes, or one of two 48 quart ice chests from Miller/Coors beer. Winners to be announced at the luncheon and you have to be present to win. No entrant may win more than one raffle prize.

Also new this year is an overall award for the best cumulative finish in the three events listed below. So, aside from improving your chances at the raffle by entering all three events, you’ have a shot at bragging rights as the overall winner! And yet another thing new this year- event T-shirts! We are working on a beautiful design which will soon be on our website.

On Friday, April 15th, we have a 6:30 dinner at Pompeii Italian Restaurant follow by a Tech Quiz at 7:30 that our own PCA National Historian will be hosting. He promises that the Tech Quiz will have a lot more of the very interesting questions and a lot less of the dry specifications, so you’re bound to learn something that will make you say, “I didn’t know that- cool!” Even if you don’t plan to do the Tech Quiz, you are welcomed and encouraged to join the rest of the gang for dinner.

The Concours will once again be on Saturday morning, April 16th, on the back lawn at Fair Oaks County Club. Just give your Porsche(s) the annual cleaning that you’ve been putting off and come on out! There’s always something interesting to see, plus The Porsche Center will be displaying some of the latest and greatest machinery from Stuttgart. In case it rains, we will have an alternate plan to park and judge the cars. We did last year and we had fun in the rain.

Immediately after the Concours is a luncheon with awards for the Tech Quiz, Concours and raffle on the back deck. If you’re coming out as a spectator, order a lunch and join the group!

After lunch, at 1:15PM, there will be a very interesting “Observation Run” rally event that you’ll find relaxed and totally enjoyable. Rather than a timed event, you’ll be asked what you saw at selected points along the way. The more you see of what our eagle-eyed Rallye Master saw, the better your chances of winning! You choose how slow or fast you want to go. Expect lots of opportunities to stop and take pictures of Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush or to look around that little shop in one of the small towns along the way. If you haven’t rallied before, be sure to make this your first one!

As always, all of these events are open to both PCA members and non-members, so bring a friend or fellow Porsche owner who hasn’t yet joined PCA.

Our thanks to The Porsche Center of San Antonio for sponsoring this event and to those who donated items to the raffle as well as to those in the Armed Services who protect our freedom and us.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:50 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in! Just let me know where to send the check
Old 03-31-2011, 09:38 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Registration closes in 10 days. PM me for entry forms or go to our website at http://www.longhornpca.org/
Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SA Mike
I'm in! Just let me know where to send the check
Mike- PM sent.

Quick Reply: Attention Texas Area 964 Turbo Owners!