Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Flachbau on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 07:48 PM
road-scholars
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of the 39 cars its a safe bet 20% have been damaged, The Black car had everything painted and was torn up! A Cobalt blue (?) car had the front end rearranged and I have heard about a silver and a red car but havent seen photos of those. You can bet 4 or 5 more had bumpers or hood's repainted over the years from chips or scrapes. It is very hard to keep a car "flawless" as you put miles on them.
Check out www.flachbau.com, it has some interesting facts and a few pics of the black car torn up. we have placed our car for sale and have a few pic's on www.theaircooledguys.com

The red car above has had the screw holders for the license plate painted over, thats quality work! carefull!!!

Last edited by road-scholars; 01-15-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: adding text
Old 01-16-2010, 12:20 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cobalt
There are several red flachbau's Either black or tan interiors. I know there was one years back that had low mileage but had some body work done. The others IIRC were all in A1 condition. there is one that has been owned by a couple of rennlist members I have seen and it was perfect. I can't tell which one this is.
sorry to chime in....looking for some input on the 964 turbo s.
my bro-in-law (doctor in kobe, japan) is considering his 1st porsche buy & has decided on limited edition 993 clubsport ( a la seinfeld) or 94 turbo s.

on the turbo side he has asked for my opinions as a porsche owner (wrong person?) on these:

94 turbo s "exclusive" 36,000km, called for price - will not discuss on the phone.
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...031/index.html

and this, turbo s about 24,000km approx US$ equiv 150,000
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...324/index.html

(click on any of the pictures for more detail)

we have requested VIN.....to determine heritage and should have that within 24hrs-48hrs.

what's interesting to me is that in "adrians book" he reports these very special 94 turbos were produced for japan with right hand drive....BUT these are both left wingers (and if for real then ROW's) & in the 12 yrs i spent in japan i never saw a RHD porsche (maybe the right wingers all ended up in UK?). a porsche buyer in japan would likely not be caught dead in a right winger.

any / all input welcome
Old 01-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Autobahn
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by road-scholars
Out of the 39 cars its a safe bet 20% have been damaged, The Black car had everything painted and was torn up! A Cobalt blue (?) car had the front end rearranged and I have heard about a silver and a red car but havent seen photos of those. You can bet 4 or 5 more had bumpers or hood's repainted over the years from chips or scrapes. It is very hard to keep a car "flawless" as you put miles on them.
Check out www.flachbau.com, it has some interesting facts and a few pics of the black car torn up. we have placed our car for sale and have a few pic's on www.theaircooledguys.com

The red car above has had the screw holders for the license plate painted over, thats quality work! carefull!!!
someone might actually find this information useful, if you didn't use every posting to shamelessly mention your website!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster

94 turbo s "exclusive" 36,000km, called for price - will not discuss on the phone.
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...031/index.html

and this, turbo s about 24,000km approx US$ equiv 150,000
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...324/index.html
The first car looks authentic.

The second car is a ROW model.

we have requested VIN.....to determine heritage and should have that within 24hrs-48hrs.
I would like to get those VIN's and I can help you to authenticate.

what's interesting to me is that in "adrians book" he reports these very special 94 turbos were produced for japan with right hand drive....BUT these are both left wingers (and if for real then ROW's) & in the 12 yrs i spent in japan i never saw a RHD porsche (maybe the right wingers all ended up in UK?). a porsche buyer in japan would likely not be caught dead in a right winger.

any / all input welcome
All Japan versions of the 94 Turbo S were LHD. Most ROW cars are LHD. A very limited number are RHD.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Carlos993
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 104 Posts

I saw the second car in person (Turbo S) about 9 months ago when it was being sold by a high end dealer in Tokyo known for the quality and provenance of their cars. It had not sold for some time, and so the relatively lower pricing compared to the other cars in that dealership. Cosmetically perfect given the age, but I personally prefer the shape of the package cars or the Turbo S Lightweight than this car.

The first car is probably authentic, but the best Japan dealerships would typically do a better photo for this level of car, and not an outdoor snapshot, so I am a bit curious.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Carlos993
The first car is probably authentic, but the best Japan dealerships would typically do a better photo for this level of car, and not an outdoor snapshot, so I am a bit curious.
This is where having the VIN, and even better access to the car, really helps to authenticate.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

many thanks for info

neither dealer will provide the vin, but insist cars are easily authenticated. the "more radical" of the
2 ( at Prestiege auto) has possible sale....but that's likely salesman BS.

generally present struggle is paying that much money for 1 of these brutes.

will post up if buy decision is made - with VIN for authenication.

if not I arrive in japan for 6 wks commencing mid May.....will search out and post up what is there.

thanks again
Old 01-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
generally present struggle is paying that much money for 1 of these brutes.
Keep in mind that only ten cars were built for Japan, they are totally unique and more rare than the U.S. package version, and at least one has been wrecked.

I think if in the right condition an authentic Japan model is worth $150k.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
ddavis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fat cab
this might be the same car.. if so it's a cream puff
Good catch Fatty. i called Steve and this is my car i sold to him one week before the garage fire. He sold it to MMC.

This is a great car.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:56 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 965pkg
Earlier you said you were tired of the pkg car and were moving on (after 2 or so months of ownership). Then you announced that you sold it. Now you bought another one.
He's a Wall Street Trader. Very fickle those dopes!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:02 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 965pkg
Unfortunately, there are a few rats out there (both Flachbau and pkg cars). They seem to assemble with a certain "collector", aka used car salesman. I looked at the red Flachbau with the techart fog lights which had some body work. The blue pkg car has some paint. And there was a blk pkg car with the roof and all corners repaired. What do people do with these low mileage cars???
be nice, every rat dealer has his place!!

this red fflatnose was mine. thing was really quite nice. i had it for about a year or more, freakishly taking ownership of it from DDavis about 10days before he had a bad fire at his house. We've done a few things together and his stuff is always impeccable.

I sold the car to MMC about 4 days before Turkey day as part of an 8car deal. if any interested rennlisters want any more info, pM me and we can chat it up.

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 01-27-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:28 AM
laurinap
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

i saw that ebay red S discussed above at the dealership this past saturday, its nice. after 5 min of overhearing the dealer deal with a customer asking a price on a 356 and the salesman's response was "well how much do you want to pay for it..." and "for YOU a special price of ...." i needed to go home and take a shower to get the slime off.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:17 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Originally Posted by ddavis
Good catch Fatty. i called Steve and this is my car i sold to him one week before the garage fire. He sold it to MMC.

This is a great car.
Say what?????

Then I have seen this car at Steve's it is very nice but every car Steve has owned was very nice.

Quick Reply: Flachbau on Ebay