Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Suspension Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:37 AM
olly964T
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I`ve got H&R shocks and red H&R springs. Can the valves be revalved to make them less stiff or should I just buy some Bilstien HD`s.

My car just doesn`t feel as planted as a 911 should. It moves around a bit at above 80mph. all teh usual suspects have been replaced such as ARB bushes and wishbone bushes and had geo.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:24 AM
RichiRich
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

What tyres are you using? Where did you have your geo done? One of the favourites in the UK is Centre Gravity (there is a waiting list, but Chris is very very good I hear). See www.centergravity.co.uk
Old 02-15-2011, 05:06 AM
olly964T
Rennlist Member

Have Michelin PS2's. Fitted late last year, So no problems there and Geo has been done properly by RC.

I spoke to Chris at CG in the weekend. I`ve heard nothing but praise for that guy. Bit of a waiting list, mid march for weekday, mid April for Weekend.

I think my shocks are seizing. Anyway I`ve just bought a set of Bilstein HD/B6 for Gert at Carnewal. Very pleasent guy to deal with.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:32 AM
spenny_b
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rich, Ollie, I know Chris v well now; I've had 3 x full geo/ride-height/corner-weight setups done on my GT3 over the last 3-4 years...and am planning on going back there to get the 964T setup as/when we complete the sale...absolute genius, he just understands the principles of chassis setup - easily said, I'm sure a lot of people claim to as well, but whenever we chat about what the next step is going to be, it always translates into exactly what we decide upon....get the principles right, and you can then make great judgements on which way to go with setups.

Oh and don't mention the word "tolerance" to him - swear word - it's either setup correctly, or it isn't...
Old 02-27-2011, 11:47 AM
olly964T
Rennlist Member

Bilsteins arrived within a couple of days of ordering and I got my guy to fit and give my car a geo, corner-weights etc. Anyway handling felt great on the 400+ mile drive up to see Stu.p
Old 02-27-2011, 05:19 PM
spenny_b
Rennlist Member

Agree, Gert's a good bloke, ordered a couple of things from him over the years, more than helpful.

The Bilstein HD package you bought Olly, did you actually get the red springs for the turbo? Greens are shown in the pics on Gerts site...
Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 PM
olly964T
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spenny_b
Agree, Gert's a good bloke, ordered a couple of things from him over the years, more than helpful.

The Bilstein HD package you bought Olly, did you actually get the red springs for the turbo? Greens are shown in the pics on Gerts site...
Thats just for illustrative purposes. Both are the same price.

I already had the red H&R springs as I had a full H&R coil over set fitted by JZ machtech a few years back. I couldnt be bothered to get my shocks re-valved so just bought new H&R dampers. If someone can be bothered I`ll sell the H&R dampers for a £100. They are too stiff for the uk roads IMO.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Motilev
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyones knows stock 3.6 swaybars size?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:22 PM
tim911pcar
Instructor

With all this suspension talk!! I need help, I have bilstien hd with the red hr s. Can you blow out the shocks? It seems super soft when you push down on the rear bumper. When I take off hit boost the rear end squates real bad .. BAD! front end feels like its coming off the ground.. The front does not move when you push down super stiff, any thoughts before I buy new rear shocks Need to figure this out. Thanks in advance, I just think the rear shold be stiffer..
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Suspension Upgrade