964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

3.3 Just Quit!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
gr1275
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3.3 Just Quit!

Here's the situation, I had it up on stands for the past two weeks waiting for new tires to be mounted. While I was waiting, I decided to do some more detailing and cleaning in the engine compartment and repaint the intercooler. I got it back together yesterday with its new shoes and decided to take it for a drive. I stopped to fill the tank and away we went. About fifteen minutes later, it started to miss badly. We were on the interstate and just contiuned in hopes we could make it back home. The further we went, the worst it got until finally at a stop light at the top of the exit ramp, it would barely pull itself in 1st. About a minute later, it quit altogether. My first thought was bad gas but after having it towed home, I jumped on Rennlist in hopes of finding some info on just what may have gone wrong. After a few minutes of research, I took a close look at the EZ and assiociated cables. I remember disconnecting the EZ and cleaning the cables and the area around it. It appears, I didn't get the flywheel sensor reconnected properly! A quick press on all the connectors and it was obvious the flywheel connector was not properly seated. My mistake!! Thanks to the expertise of the folks on Rennlist, I was able to save myselve a trip to the shop. Thanks folks!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing but on a back road. Luckily a friend came by and found it before it had to be towed.

Glad it was nothing major.

RT
Old 08-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Gandara
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow this is a great post, Thanks

Quick Reply: 3.3 Just Quit!