Price Check '91 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:24 AM
jrgatfh
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price Check '91 Turbo

Hey guys,

Found a '91 Turbo right down the block from me.

-Coral Red
-Linen Interior (Supple Leather, wish it had the sports though) This is not a grey interior I believe it was a speacial order as I've seen it on other Turbos
-Factory Speedlines (painted not polished)
-35k miles
-Completely stock and complete records from factory, service, books, etc

I really wanted black on black but this is so close to me seems super clean and is a unique combo with low miles and speedlines.

What do you think is a fair offer?
Old 07-16-2008, 05:38 AM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

pressumably a US car, low/mid 40's although living in France I'm no expert on US pricing. There have been many threads recently on this subject for other cars, you could read up on these to see what is being said.

Steve
Old 07-16-2008, 08:15 AM
bv shady
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If this is the car at Don Rosen walk away. Front was resprayed. Rear corner was damaged and resprayed and there is an issue with the odometer. See my post from earlier this month on the car. -Paul
Old 07-16-2008, 10:27 PM
jrgatfh
Instructor

Yup same car I knew I saw it before I just didnt know where and I must have overlooked your thread. I'm going to stay away its not what I want and the price is high for what it is and all the unknowns it has and i'm not going to pay top dollar for that type of car especially when its not something I love.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:36 PM
bv shady
Racer

The price may be right for a car with no issues but they are asking way too much considering the repaint and unknown history. As far as books and records when I inquired abt the repaints they had no idea. They explained that a car with that mileage needs a respray on the front total BS. The sales staff was rude and did not provide any further info on the rear quarter damage. I bought my 95 from them but will never do business with them again. typical dealers, the car was sold along with a seal gray 996 so the owner could get cash for a bus. venture. I am sure they got both for a steal.-Paul
Old 07-16-2008, 10:47 PM
jrgatfh
Instructor

Right now the car is on ebay and located at a car dealer about 30 min away from me in Long Island New York he's asking $54k for it
Old 07-16-2008, 11:36 PM
bv shady
Racer

Don Rosen was asking 54985 are probably glad they are rid of it. I am curious what the new dealer is disclosing as far as paintwork and odometer change. Did they disclose any info?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:18 PM
jrgatfh
Instructor

On the ebay ad he discloses the odometer change, but I think he might state that he has all the paperwork to prove that it was done right which I dont think it was. But he does not disclose any paintwork in the ad. He might disclose it if you ask him but he's not writing it in the ad.

Quick Reply: Price Check '91 Turbo