Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Almost 3 years

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008 | 10:29 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by 911addict
....And yes, I have had comments or threads censored/removed on UK sites. (and indeed rennlist - eg. my B&B headers saga?)
This is not a U.K. site....

Second - BB isn't a Sponsor. Never has been... And further - I seriously doubt I ever "censored or removed a thread of yours either" regarding B&B.. In fact - I can look at your "deleted threads"..??

Want to bet before I look????

John
Old 04-20-2008 | 11:08 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John D.
Bull****....

I would know - I run the site... If I had a mind to censor any thread/user - I certainly could. I don't.

In fact - if you make up enough "stuff" - I'm certain you could "prove" any conspiracy theory - including your comment "..For those that do post anything less than positive, censorship and forum bans are in order" - which, again - is pure bull****.

You have a nice evening, OK?

John D.
John,

So sorry to upset you.

Fact of the matter is that I did send my car to Imagine Auto and I did have a less than a positive experience.

I posted on the 930 forum and not only was my thread deleted, but I was banned for one month. I'm not sure about your comment "I would know - I run the site... If I had a mind to censor any thread/user - I certainly could. I don't.", but maybe you should have a conversation with Bill Gregory. I have a complete copy of the thread if you would like to see it, including emails from Bill Gregory.

Sorry about the lack of profanities in my response, must have something to do with the way in which I was raised and a college education.

You have a nice evening too.

Regards, Dave
Old 04-20-2008 | 11:17 PM
John D.
Banned

If what you say is true, could you explain why I didn't delete this thread or your original response?

By the way - I'll stand by my original response. I, too - have a college degree or two. And I can assure you, I was brought up right.

You have a wonderful evening,

John
Old 04-20-2008 | 11:30 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

If what you say is true, could you explain why I didn't delete this thread or your original response?

By the way - I'll stand by my original response. I, too - have a college degree or two. And I can assure you, I was brought up right.

You have a wonderful evening,

John
John,

What I said was true and since you run this site, I'm sure you can look through my deleted threads and verify it. I have no idea why you did not delete the thread, or my response. But it's fairly obvious that you responded strongly, without any data to back up your comments.

I stand by my comments in this thread and my deleted thread. I don't need to get pushy to make my points as they are based on facts, I guess it's a matter of style.

Regards, Dave
Old 04-20-2008 | 11:43 PM
John D.
Banned

Hi Dave,

The data is in the facts. The fact is - as you admit, I didn't delete this thread, The fact is - I didn't delete this post.

The difference between you and me? I'm not the one who posted ..must have something to do with the way in which I was raised and a college education... You did.

Fact is - I am not the one who tried to turn this into a personal attack on your upbringing and education.

You did. Apology would be appreciated - but certainly, not expected.

In fact -your personal affront says a lot for your posts and whatever point is you are trying to make. Whatever those are/were.

And yes - "style" is everything. I'm certainly not pushy, and again - I'll let my actions be the judge of my style. Guess you'll get it, as I've made my point.

Have a nice evening,

John
Old 04-21-2008 | 12:04 AM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Hi Dave,

The data is in the facts. The fact is - as you admit, I didn't delete this thread, The fact is - I didn't delete this post.

The difference between you and me? I'm not the one who posted ..must have something to do with the way in which I was raised and a college education... You did.

Fact is - I am not the one who tried to turn this into a personal attack on your upbringing and education.

You did. Apology would be appreciated - but certainly, not expected.

In fact -your personal affront says a lot for your posts and whatever point is you are trying to make. Whatever those are/were.

And yes - "style" is everything. I'm certainly not pushy, and again - I'll let my actions be the judge of my style. Guess you'll get it, as I've made my point.

Have a nice evening,

John
John,

This could go on for a very long time. Appearently you have a very short memory. You started the personal attack in your first post by claiming my comments were "bull****". You want an apology, for what? You're not pushy? Then try to respond to someone's comments without profanity and check the facts before you put your foot in your mouth. As far as your comments about me "getting it", I'm not sure what your point is.

I simply made a comment to another member's thread, no threats, no profanity, just a simple comment that obviously struck a nerve ... I'm not sure why. I would like to suggest that we take this conversation off line, so as to not take anything more away from this thread.

Regards, Dave
Old 04-21-2008 | 08:49 AM
al 965
Instructor

Darn, what is all the bickering over? The fact is that no one should have to leave a car anywhere (site sponsor or not ) for two years to have anything done. All the hype about putting EFI on a Porsche or anything else is just that, hype. It isn't rocket science. Looks like there are other good shops around that would be glad to do the job in a timely manner for those who don't want to tackle the job themselves . Shops that charge people outrageous amount of money to work on one of the finest cars ever built are ripping folks off with the hype. It is just a car, something mechanical.
Old 04-21-2008 | 10:13 AM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Almost 3yrs is a joke. There can be no excuse.

They told him that they would work on his car and then didn't. They should have said up front, in very clear terms "We're not working on your car for a long time. Do you want to still leave it with us?" Then the customer is making their decision based on all of the facts. A little basic communication solves a lot of problems.
Old 04-21-2008 | 10:18 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
Almost 3yrs is a joke. There can be no excuse.

They told him that they would work on his car and then didn't. They should have said up front, in very clear terms "We're not working on your car for a long time. Do you want to still leave it with us?" Then the customer is making their decision based on all of the facts. A little basic communication solves a lot of problems.

This has been done with every customer that was on the waiting list. I also send weekly updates to customers letting them know the cars status ahead of them so they have an understanding of the time line we are looking at.
Old 04-21-2008 | 11:11 AM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Stephen - I wasn't talking about all of the customers that you emailed and that have their cars back. I was talking about the guy that started the thread. I read your comments on how this occurred and simply sympathize with Haroon. It sounds like you guys are communicating now, but he was in the dark for far too long for whatever reason. I hope it works out for him.
Old 04-21-2008 | 11:17 AM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

I have been trying to keep mute on this thread and the other similar thread, but simply can't any longer. My 3.6T has been at IA four times in the last 8 years, each time handled with care and the job done right each time. This last visit indeed lasted longer than anyone wanted, including IA. I had the full EFI conversion, new headers, Garrett GT35R turbo, clutch work, and a host of interior goodies installed. I was second in line for the conversion, and I knew my car would sit for a few months before work began. I found a cheap ride for her to KC, so shipped it early. The "kit" was just not ready for prime time in a 3.6, and required a number of programming and sensor modifications, as did the fuel rails all built by another Rennlist sponsor/contributors. The other two suppliers simply refused to be part of the solution, and I am positive this is the case, I was copied on months worth of emails. IA was left to put it back together with basically no support from others involved in the "kit". While I may not have liked the answers given, IA did communicate weekly on progress, or lack thereof in some cases. If you search the forums, I posted my concerns mixed with support for an honest business person trying to make things right. IA is a good place, with good people, putting forth great effort to "do the right thing". Over the years I have had a few small issues with the car, as we all have with our highly modified cars. Whats different about IA is that if its something that appears to have been "done" by the shop, new parts are in the mail within days. In one case, Kaspar got on a plane the next day to perform 90 seconds worth of work, no questions asked. In any case, I have had his personal cell phone, and his wifes for years, and they pick up at all hours of the night and weekend to help. I know the story on the car in question here (WI), and this is not a real accurate thread. One of the other kit suppliers owns this problem, but the car sits at IA so he is taking all the grief.

I have a strong feeling if IA really wanted to defend themselves they could show a long string of private party emails showing communication was performed. Again, sometimes people, including me, just did not like the message required as things got sorted out. The end result of my story was a GREAT motor, tuned correctly, and my car was well cared for. People are correct, there are a number of reputable shops performing the EFI conversions. IA will respect you and your car, and will accomplish the goals you set out, and stick to an agreed budget. There is a lot to be said for that in my book. Keep in mind that if you want Lingenfelter to mod your car, its a 2-3 year wait, same for a Ruf conversion etc... IA is simply in more of a demand than other shops, and in my experience, you get what you pay for. Sorry for the long post.
Old 04-21-2008 | 02:36 PM
NeverL8
Rennlist Member

Guys, Guys, whats up with all the bickering and personal attacks. This is making this thread more and more negative, which is indirectly making a difficult problem between a client and a business, ....well, ....more negative. (regardless whether the business is a sponsor or not).

Having said that, the most important thing is the original problem that Haroon was having with his EFI project. Without seeing his original posts which he has now edited, its hard to fully understand. It sounds like Haroon's project was being handled by another company who then in turn subcontracted out to IA. It would appear that once Haroon was able to talk directly with Stephen at IA, he was able to get some answers, at least enough to post that he feels his problem is getting resolved. Timeframe sounds excessive but as always, communication is key. Certainly, I have never had any problems with reaching Stephen and he has always been forthright with information and any issues. I don't know what Haroon was doing during this extended timeframe, communication wise, but I feel his pain none the less. Hopefully, Haroon will keep us posted on his results and I hope he will be stoked when he has his first drive.

Who knows, maybe Stephen will do a little extra something special to sweeten the pot for Haroon's long wait.

I am sorry if I am sticking my nose into this or offending anyone and I have a lot of respect for all of the members on this forum but this was getting carried away. I am also not necessarily defending IA, but one has to wonder how this problem got so far down the road. I suspect a lack of communication on both parties, but I am sure I don't know all the facts. I wish Haroon the best of luck with quickly resolving from this point on. Respectfully/Tony

Last edited by NeverL8; 04-21-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: clarify

Quick Reply: Almost 3 years