Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Black_Hat
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Zeitronix Zt-2 install

Installing a ZT2 with map sensor - Tial46mm - Blitz EBC
on my 91 turbo

where did or would you source rpm signal ? Im putting the controller under the drivers seat .

Thanks ....
Old 12-28-2007, 02:36 PM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_Hat
Installing a ZT2 with map sensor - Tial46mm - Blitz EBC
on my 91 turbo

where did or would you source rpm signal ? Im putting the controller under the drivers seat .

Thanks ....
stu.p is your man here, he has recently installed the zetronics kit, he's normally about although you could search his name in the list and pm him.

best of luck

Steve
Old 12-28-2007, 02:55 PM
stu.p
Racer

I picked up a wire behind my rev counter and spliced into it,just drilled a little hole underneath the dash panel to feed wire through...off hand cant remember the colour though!!,,,might have been purple!..car has just been put in its bubble(car capsule) for the winter or i would have checked..if you do a search on this forum you will find which wire it is,,that is how i found it(pretty sure it comes from one of the control units under the seats!....think also staffan discussed it previously!!
Why not mount the display where your ashtray goes!!
see link!!

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=afr+gauge
Old 12-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Black_Hat
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

The search tool leaves much to be desired but I found the info ...

Staffan wrote :
For future reference:
I found the tach source under the drivers seat, it's inside a contact with 6 wires, this contact is to the left of the ECU. The wire is black/green
PorschePhD wrote :
You can also tap the line at the EZ control in the rear or the same black wire at the speedo cluster.

I'm going to put the control box under the drivers seat the display will go on top of my steering column
with velcro
I dont want to be off the road long Texas winters are glorious !!! Dry Crisp Cool weather

Thanks for all the help

Stefan
Old 12-28-2007, 09:23 PM
911 2
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

how much is this unit and where can i get one from in the uk
stu do you have a lot of experience in building engines how difficult was it to build
Old 12-29-2007, 04:38 AM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911 2
how much is this unit and where can i get one from in the uk
stu do you have a lot of experience in building engines how difficult was it to build
bottom of the zetronics order page carries a list of uk suppliers http://www.zeitronix.com/order/order.htm I think you'll find it cheaper to order from the US but you can do the maths.

I'm also interested in one of these, could we be up for a group buy? Anyone else?

Regards
Steve
Old 12-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Turbo Jonny
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts
Thumbs up

Could be interested
Old 12-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I took the speed signal from underneath the driver seat for my Zeitronix, but I would be interested in knowing about the wire at the revcounter for my shift light, would make things easier. Let me know if there is anyone else who used this one.

I bought my Zeitronix at a Rennlist group buy, remember doing a "google" on "group buy Zeitronix" and found several of them, perhaps there are group buys out there on other forums that you guys can join.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:28 AM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Staffan
Yeah, I took the speed signal from underneath the driver seat for my Zeitronix, but I would be interested in knowing about the wire at the revcounter for my shift light, would make things easier. Let me know if there is anyone else who used this one.

I bought my Zeitronix at a Rennlist group buy, remember doing a "google" on "group buy Zeitronix" and found several of them, perhaps there are group buys out there on other forums that you guys can join.
good idea, I'll have a look and post back any info I get.

Steve
Old 12-29-2007, 08:37 AM
stu.p
Racer

I ordered my Zeitronix kit directly from the states..
what i bought was..Zt-2 + BLACK LCD Display Bundle= $399

ZAVT-1 Zeitronix Audio-Visual Warning and Trigger Box $69
MAP, Boost Sensor, 50 PSI (3.5 Bar) absolute pressure $109
Oxygen Sensor Bung $ 7
The Zt-2 Serial PC Cable. Female connector $ 15
total $599 plus postage
great buy in my opinion,,does not look out of place at all and it is always in the car monitoring which is most important,,,Best to buy the trigger box for an extra $69 dollars so if you do set the alarms up to the correct figures it will sound and light up and you at least have the choice to back off the throttle and check what the problem is!!
Think there may be another afr gauge on the market which you can re-calibrate the 02 sensor with, which is really good idea,,the zeitronix has not got this feature although on the unlikely case the sensor may go out of calibration you could pop down to your local mot/test centre to verify your afr/lamda readings,or simply buy a new sensor at $79..
There was a co2 to afr conversion table put up on this board or the 930 turbo recently if anyone can remember seeing it? and could post it back up?

to 911 2
yeah did rebuild 90% of own engine and found it not too bad,,time,patience,cleanliness and taking plently of notes etc is most important aswell as plenty of info from rennlist and pelicanparts forums!
My backround in work as a precision engineer/toolmaker helps me with most things to be honest because i am used to dealing with far tighter tolerances than the tolerances set within a porsche engine,,but if you have engine rebuild experience and with the help from people on these forums it can be possible.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:41 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

The reason I went with an Innovate setup is due to the fact that you can calibrate for the sensor.
5 points out means the difference between safe and unsafe when on boost
Old 12-29-2007, 04:39 PM
stu.p
Racer

Yeah that is handy being able to check sensor for calibration,how does it check this??..is it however in the car constantly monitoring like the zeitronix??
I went for the zeitronix because you can set it up warning you if you go out within your set points and if i am not 100% sure of the readings i will simply verify against a mot/test centre co2 meter.
Just a thought??..i see after i have switched my engine off and have the car sitting for at least 5 minutes my afr rests at the same position,,i wonder if this changes whether i should then doubt the calibration of my sensor and if it stays the same then all is ok as usual??
Old 12-29-2007, 05:17 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

You calibrate the sensor by hanging it in free air and then telling the unit to calibrate. In a lab you could buy air(?) of a known AFR to check the equipments accuracy.
I'm pretty sure you can buy an extra for the Innovate to trigger alarms etc etc.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/p...s/MTS_grid.php
Looks as though you would need the DL-32 which is pricey though. I amy be wrong and one of the cheaper extras might do it but I am not sure.

Do Zeitronix have a forum to help you with your query when switching off the engine? I know that Innovate do.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:42 AM
stu.p
Racer

Zeitronix have a "questions" section you can ask them.
I have just posted them the question about using the afr figures i see when car has not been running or stopped for a while as a way to check calibration,,they usually respond quick so i will see what they have to say?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:55 AM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

I know that you must not calibrate the Innovate sensor while it is bolted in the exhaust. It has to be removed and hung in free air.

Quick Reply: Zeitronix Zt-2 install