Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Cobalt blue 3.6 F/S (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:19 PM
dm 3.6 turbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobalt blue 3.6 F/S (no affiliation)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...uperSpotlight=
Old 12-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Wow. Amazing car!!! Wish I could justify a second!

Still waiting to see my twin on Rennlist.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:17 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 151 Posts

I want that car!!! Only thing missing are Sport Seats...

Yasin
Old 12-01-2007, 10:43 PM
dm 3.6 turbo
Instructor

Im not crazy about the interior color..I never liked the grey interior it just doesnt doit for me..the lighter grey has a purple haze to the carpets and interior ..the one on this car is the darker grey which if I had to chose I would pick this grey interior..imho
Old 12-02-2007, 12:31 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

I would love to buy this car and transfer my black interior into it Hope it goes to a nice home!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:54 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

I agree, needs to be black. It would probably grow on you though.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Damn,

I guess my inside info was wrong. Appears this makes 3 cobalt blue 94's. Although I still am the only black interior.Now I know what it looks like with polished wheels.

BTW if anyone is interested I have been offered more for my car than they are asking and I have more mileage.

Drew, don't even think about it.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
BTW if anyone is interested I have been offered more for my car than they are asking and I have more mileage
Doesn't surprise me. There are some people out there that think mileage is the main factor. These cars are getting more desirable no matter what the mileage. I had some idiot tell me my car was worth about 15K less because the mileage wasn't the single digits or teens.

Last edited by SA Mike; 12-04-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:29 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SA Mike
There are some people out there that think mileage is the main factor. I had some idiot tell me my car was worth about 10K less because the mileage wasn't the single digits or teens.
True. Selling any Porsche always has its hurdles. When selling my 914 I had most lookers quote me Excellence pricing which was around $7800 at the time. After a year of trying I finally sold it for $9500 restored with 98k miles. It recently sold for $14.5 and the latest Excellence mag is saying they are worth $14k. So if any of these people would have looked at what they were buying instead of quoting magazines or placing an arbetrary value on it they would now own a car that may soon be worth double what I sold it for.

Your car is quite unique and that sets it apart from the rest. That IMO makes it equal in value to the never driven cars in standard colors if not more.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:08 AM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't surprise me. There are some people out there that think mileage is the main factor. These cars are getting more desirable no matter what the mileage. I had some idiot tell me my car was worth about 10K less because the mileage wasn't the single digits or teens.
I agree that these turbos will continue to rise in value due to rarity, but would argue that mileage is the main factor when pricing an exotic car. One only has to look at Ferraris as the pinnacle of that "mileage based" pricing structure, and that applies to a lesser extent to limited production Porsches. No doubt the Rennlist community is much more open to a car that has been driven conscientiously, but the general populace places a premium on a car rarely driven. Personally, I tend to span both camps: I drive the hell out of my GT3 on the track, and stare at the Speedster in its garage shrine as a work of art. Someday, I hope to do the same with a mint, low mileage example of a black/black turbo. Sub 20K on the odometer would be ideal in my book...

Perhaps that makes me the biggest idiot on Rennlist. I am okay with that.
-B
Old 12-04-2007, 02:34 AM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Speedster
Perhaps that makes me the biggest idiot on Rennlist. I am okay with that.
Well, you're certainly not the biggest idiot on Rennlist. I don't see a 928 in your collection.

I don't understand people that by cars and don't drive them, but that's just me. I think you were spot on in your assessment of the two camps on the mileage issue, but I can't fully enjoy a car that I own without taking it out. I probably need to sell and get a car that is less rare, but you never see anyone on here that didn't wish that they had held on to their 3.6 turbo.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
Well, you're certainly not the biggest idiot on Rennlist. I don't see a 928 in your collection. .
That hurt!!!

I invite you to test drive my 928GTS and I think you would be surprised how nice a car it is. It might not be as fast as my turbo but it sure looks good, handles well and is far more comfortable on long distance drives than any other Porsche sport based model. There is a lot to be said about 380 pound feet of torque coming from a big V8 and starting at 1200 rpm to redline.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:20 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 94Speedster
I agree that these turbos will continue to rise in value due to rarity, but would argue that mileage is the main factor when pricing an exotic car.
It seems to be the status quo when purchasing, that a low milleage car will be worth more when comparing two alike cars. But when the car is in a rare form due to color or has special mods, etc... mileage is not really that much of a factor and the rarity makes up the difference. I have no doubt that someone offered Anthony more for his than the one posted on Autotrader. That's reality.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:38 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

It seems to be the status quo when purchasing, that a low milleage car will be worth more when comparing two alike cars. But when the car is in a rare form due to color or has special mods, etc... mileage is not really that much of a factor and the rarity makes up the difference. I have no doubt that someone offered Anthony more for his than the one posted on Autotrader. That's reality.
To be honest the offers came in because they had seen my car in person and saw what phenomenal shape it is in and also know it is the only known Cobalt with black interior. I am not saying anything about the other interiors but I find most people agree the cobalt color looks best with a black interior. Ironically of all the cobalt blue cars I have seen in different models only 2 others had black interior and almost all have gray either light or classic with a few tan interiors which IMO does not work well either.

So for now if you want a cobalt blue 94 T with black interior you have 2 choices offering me more than $85k or buying this one for $79 and then changing out the interior to black. Which may be the cheaper option.

Although I am a bit surprised the car has not sold for this price and mileage. It is priced a little less than Ray prices standard color cars for.
I will say the finish on the paint looks a bit rough but that is most likely the camera.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

I bought the car and the black interior is already ordered. It may be gray but it goes have a leather dash.

Quick Reply: Cobalt blue 3.6 F/S (no affiliation)