Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

To bling or not to bling that is the ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 06:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by asimler
I think they can both look great, polished in sunny climates (like in John McM's pic - which looks stunning btw) and painted when in less sunny weather. But either way they both look terrific - what a great choice, keep them both!
Thanks, here's the other side. The sad fact is that I've had this car for 6 years but only driven it for 3 of those years, as I've been an expat in non Porsche friendly countries. The happy fact is that I'll be driving it again in 10 days
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SA Mike
What about the center caps, can you order them to match? I think they would look cool, it's all a matter of taste, nice wheels
Center caps were available in three styles:

- Turbo script (standard center cap)
- Polished aluminum w/ painted Porsche crest (optional)
- Painted to match body color w/ painted Porsche crest (optional)

Back in 1994 you probably could have ordered the paint to match in the color of the Speedline Porsche centers but not anymore. You would have to have them painted yourself now.

btw IMO polished looks better ... if you have never seen them in person then you could mistake them as 'chrome' like but they are not.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,168 Posts

So far 19 painted 9 polished. Not so sure if this is biased because those voting painted want to buy the polished.

This will be a tough decision, glad i have all winter to make it. I was thinking of going with the goodyear F1 tire if I change them out to polished instead of the PS2's. Might need to mount a tire or 2 and see how they look in person on the car. Hard to tell from just placing it there. I will say I think either is a striking look with a bit more in your face with the polished.

John,

I think this is the first time I have seen close ups of your car.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Turbo Jonny
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

Polished look great on blue, especially on sunny days ( who wants to drive on rainy days anyway )

Heres a pic of mine taken a couple of weeks back
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2007, 05:09 PM
graeme36s
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think polished looks OK with certain body colours but generally painted is better. Years ago when I refurbed mine (black car) I thought of polished (definately to bling on black), then black centres but sensibly went painted. Lots of very hard choices with these cars you know
Old 11-20-2007, 05:14 PM
kimo964
Racer

I've never liked the polished Speedlines.. until I bought my car. It looks much better in person and not as shiny, IMO. I have both sets now and like my painted set more by just a hair. You can't go wrong with either but I'll vote painted for Cobalt.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:22 AM
PorscheMD
Racer

keep what you have. Also, I absolutely LOVE the color of your car!!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Not sure why I am suggesting this, as you are my only real concours competition. But I would mount those and keep them for concours use only. They will always look super fresh and eye catching.

Or sell them to me (cheap) and I will use them for concours competition (see above for reason) allowing me to continue to beat your ***.

PS. I run the F1's and they look great and have better cold grip than the PS2's I run on the twin.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:23 PM
69COU
Racer

Polished every time , much rarer and do look the bomb!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:58 PM
frayed
Race Car

PAINTED!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Paint the CAR.........

Just kidding............I would keep them both and switch back and forth, eventually you'll decide.

Your car looks so good I think you could put bicycle wheels on it and still not hurt the appearance!!

Mike
Old 11-24-2007, 12:53 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Y65MPH
Not sure why I am suggesting this, as you are my only real concours competition. But I would mount those and keep them for concours use only. They will always look super fresh and eye catching.

Or sell them to me (cheap) and I will use them for concours competition (see above for reason) allowing me to continue to beat your ***.

PS. I run the F1's and they look great and have better cold grip than the PS2's I run on the twin.

Bring it on If we ever have a concours season that is. Last year sucked.
I was toying with the idea myself. Although I have more money tied up in tires and wheels than I sold my 944 S2 for. The garage plans are coming along I think I need to designate an entire area just for them.
Originally Posted by Bad Boys 1
Paint the CAR.........

Just kidding............I would keep them both and switch back and forth, eventually you'll decide.

Your car looks so good I think you could put bicycle wheels on it and still not hurt the appearance!!
Mike
Thanks.

It is a tough call, I am going to pull a wheel and mount one up without rubber just to see how it looks but winter is catching up quickly.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Mauri
Rennlist Member

I would go for the polished one's!

exclusive color, exclusive wheels

I saw the polished one's on a black Turbo S and they look great. Maybe a bit more modern than the painted, but far away from todays bling bling s***

So I think with you're color they gonna look great!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:31 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

I played around yesterday and find the polished really don't do anything extra for the cobalt color. It seems to look better with the painted centers.

Best comparative pictures.

I will say the polished look great against the amazon green of the GTS and or C2.
Attached Images    
Old 11-27-2007, 03:23 PM
IRISH930driver
Intermediate

Paint the centers on one pair to macth the body color

Quick Reply: To bling or not to bling that is the ?