Thanks again for your help.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:33 AM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911addict
Steve,
the good news is, Design911 sell some Scart stuff,
the bad news, is I don't see the w/g pipe on their site, are you sure you ordered the right part?
I hope so, correction; on the home page click on the exhaust images at the bottom of the page, then three quarters of the way down the exhaust page

http://www.design911.co.uk/index.htm?Region=France

Steve
Old 12-11-2007, 11:22 AM
eyue
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have B&B header, keeping the cat and removed the muffler with a G-pipe, and it sound quite similar to your Steve...
Old 12-11-2007, 12:28 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Steve,
I see it now on the french site. Couldn't see it on the UK site, anyway, its the right bit, probably Scart (french as well).
As you know the wastegate open pipe will give a very loud sound when on hard boost - marvellous!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:01 PM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

looking forward to it, should sound immense. I did ask if they were Scart parts and was told nope design Tek, that said the guy didn't know he had wastegate cat bypass pipes for the 965 until I gave him their part number.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:03 PM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by eyue
I have B&B header, keeping the cat and removed the muffler with a G-pipe, and it sound quite similar to your Steve...
I'm not expecting any difference at cruise modes but it should let rip on boost. The sport cat was to gain a bit of performance without inducing lots of noise.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:59 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Steve, basically they wanted to me to fit different part numbers into my 911 (915) gearbox in my 3.2 carrera sport coupe. When I ordered from them they said they had all the part numbers I requested in stock. When the parts arrived a few of them were a different part number, they tried to tell me they had been superceded. I rang my local OPC and they confirmed that I needed the part numbers that I ordered and then after that the OPC confirmed that the part numbers I was getting fobbed of with were wrong (I didn't tell them I was getting them elsewhere until after I got all my information from them).

If I was dumb and fitted their parts that they tried to fob me off with imagine what could have happened to my transmission, not to mention if it happened while I was actually driving the car at speed...
Anyway, they did refund my money but didn't want to refund the carriage. This annoyed me as they also got something totally wrong which they did admit was wrong right at the start (they couldn't really have made up an excuse for that one). Also there promise of 3 days or whatever they promised was nowhere near right, it was nearer two weeks IIRC (possibly more) and then I had the problems to deal with when I got them.

Would I use them again? Only if I really really had to.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:30 AM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

I think I'll be making a call today to check on progress. I too have been told the items are in stock, although not an issue, I don't plan on doing anything with the parts until well into January.

Steve

Quick Reply: Exhaust note