Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

OK fellas I'm officially part of the fold

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:14 PM
X-1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might beg to defend our car as more an Aprilia RSV to a YZF-R1. Still capable, still fast, just very different. I traded my RSV for half a ride with an R1 and it was impressive, but I was never happier to own the Aprilia (sold only to fund the 965). A chopper makes no attempt to even mimic a performance machine. The Aprilia felt bulky and was much more harsh than the R1, but once you acclimated to it's character it was a very rewarding bike to ride fast.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:45 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thusly
While I loved the car (my second one), I have to admit that I am more of a "newer" car owner, with most of my cars built for the track as opposed to the street. For me, it is far easier to go faster in the new cars with less effort, than the older ones. Guess I am lazier and my hat is off to the folks that can push cars like the 3.6 to their limit. Quite a feat. I would imagine that the 934/935 drivers were really men with a fearless attitude.
I'm in total agreement with this Thusly. While I enjoy the charisma of the old school 3.6, I am not comfortable outfitting the 3.6 for track use and having a go of it. I'll admit that I prefer a bit more of a benign tool for track use.

A new GT3 if far faster and more benign handling and fluid for track use. Since cost is a factor, I stayed with a bimmer. The key is trying to find a track car that doesn't have such a propensity to bite you in the ***, has accessible performance, but yet still gets your blood boiling.

Pushing a 3.6 around a track at its limits take some big ***** and skill. It's a hairier car to drive under hard charging than any other car I've owned, including the somewhat twitchy Ferrari.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Black_Hat
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts

I work on 360 my 91 turbo is my daily driver .
I blast down 2222 on the way to work every day to remind myself I'm Alive .... but I have come around a corner on 2222 under boost only to find a mini van facing me in my lane ( looped ) scary road ..
Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

priceless

Quick Reply: OK fellas I'm officially part of the fold