Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Thinking about selling

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:26 AM
eyue
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our car love to be driven, drive it.............
Old 10-03-2007, 10:39 AM
melman911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not about "to drive or not to drive" (sounds like some Shakespere I know). My brother never keeps his cars longer than a couple of years. It's an expensive addiction. But I will say this. His cars are always well kept and in better shape that when he bought them. He takes care of his stuff. Good luck on the sale bro.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:53 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slownrusty
Care to share which Celebrity? Just curious. Beautiful car, very striking.

Yasin
Brad Whitford of Aerosmith
Old 10-03-2007, 12:50 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Ok.. so I may get flamed...

Just don't see how the "past" celebrity ownership adds to the value. There are some in the market that could give a hoot who the previous owner was.. as long as the car was taken care of, I'd be one of those types. Then of course there are those who may not even know who Aerosmith is.. again, what value does who the previous owner was add to the car... oh, then I guess it's kinda like the value add of Monica Lewinsky's dress?

I have personally seen a number of cars that were previously owned by rockers, actors and other dignataries and most had been trashed to one degree or another as these types usually trat materail things just the way they do the women that come and go in thier lives.. like objects, or the toys that they are!

As far as miles vs. collectability etc...

What a catch 22... I've owned concours cars, drivers, race-cars, and yes.. hoopty's.. and I actually have the most fun with my drivers. I have restored cars to concours condition.. I'll show them.. and then it just gets old looking at it sitting in the garage, pumping up a tire every couple of months or so, and either changing or charging the battery because the car sits too much.
To me driving is fun.. driving a unique car is even more fun.. personally I just don't get much out of talking about the super low mileage "super car" I have sitting in my garage.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your plight, and I think your car is stunning.. I saw it when RPM had it for sale.. but for me, when I buy a car.. regrdless of the miles.. I'm gonna take that puppy out and play with it! Remeber, on the grand scheme of things.. its just sheet metal that yiou can't take with you..so enjoy!

P-
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,244 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Your call, but if you need I have a 2000 Dodge quad cab i will sell you cheap. You can drive it around and take the turbo out on better days.

I don't drive my car all that often. I had it out yesterday and it is like driving it for the first time all over again. I never tire of it sitting in the garage or out on the road. I have other toys to play with so that makes it easier but once you own a unique car that is this nice why part with it. You will never find its equal and if you buy it back again someday it might not be in the same condition and be more a disappointment than if you kept it. I don't think you will loose value if you drive it less just might need to rethink your daily driver and save the turbo for nicer days.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:50 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onboost
Ok.. so I may get flamed...

Just don't see how the "past" celebrity ownership adds to the value.
I was just answering someone back. He wanted me to give some details and that is one of the details of this car. Believe me when I tell you, this is not the reason I bought the car and am not expecting someone to purchase on the basis of who the previous owner was. I did not know about the previous owner until after I bought it from Ray. To tell you the truth I was even debating on weather I should mention it, but it is interesting. There, happy

Last edited by SA Mike; 10-03-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

I agree with Anthony. It took me a pretty dang long time to find my turbo. It had 33K miles on it when I bought it, and 41K on it now. I figured the previous owners just saved the miles for me. With that being said, it had been about a month since I drove mine (remember the thread on the damage to the rocker? Yeah the parts just came in from Germany), so I took i9t out yesterday when it was nice for a cruise around town. It was great, the sounds, the smells.

Once the snow starts, the cover will go on it except for really nice days. But I'll know it is in the garage, so daily driving my tahoe, will be just fine.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Is there a medication for Auto ADD, smile.

Bill
Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
kimo964
Racer

Mike,

From the tone of your bro, sounds like you just want to try a new flavor. GT3RS, F-Car, Lambo??
Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 PM
melman911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From the tone of your bro, sounds like you just want to try a new flavor. GT3RS, F-Car, Lambo??
Exactly.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:06 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kimo964
Mike,

Well if he is looking for a GT3 RS Steve has the perfect car for him. Although I don't think this one is for sale.

I had the pleasure of meeting him yesterday and checking out a few of his toys. This Gt3 RS is outstanding. I don't think an option box was missed when this car was ordered. If it wasn't covered in matching green deviated stitching and leather it was covered in Carbon Fiber right down to the carbon fiber door sills and illuminated GT3RS badge in the CF. (note picture of CF strip on the dash with deviated stitching attaching it to the leather (So sweet!!!!)). I don't know what the true purpose of this car is other than too look great. It has too many options to be a racer and it is too much GT3 to be a street car but boy would I like to have it in my garage. I would figure out what to do with it later.

The Carrera GT silver orange was also quite unique and the white was very nice and purposeful. No extras almost a stock GT3RS but of all of them it was the perfect GT3 as it was set for the track and after a short ride around the complex I can't see driving these on the street.

Now the Ford Gt was sweet and the flachbau is like a pearl in a transparent oyster shell waiting to be opened.

Quite the collection. Maybe this will inspire you but to be honest a stock 3.6T is a great all around car. Although I would love to own any and all these cars I still would never sell my Cobalt blue 94.
Attached Images        
Old 10-03-2007, 03:49 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Mike,

Whatever it is, it will definatley be a Porsche
Old 10-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

Man those cars are sweet Cobalt. The Subaru is about the only one I could swing...
Old 10-03-2007, 04:28 PM
DougM92
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cobalt

Did you see the silver/orange RS?

Looks like RPM has it back on their web site.

http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door35.htm

Can't believe he bought it from Ray and sold it back within a month.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:34 PM
kimo964
Racer

Anthony, I had a brand new GT3RS in the same green color pull up to me on the freeway a few weeks back. It was bouncing like a damn go kart!! I don't even have to take a ride to know that it is not street friendly. He punched it as soon as he got a clearing but i had my baby in boost-ready rpm. To my surprise and probably his too, he didn't pull awway from me. But it was just a friendly run. And in the GT3s defense, it had a large driver .

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Whatever it is, it will definatley be a Porsche
CGT, CGT, CGT!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:55 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DougM92
Cobalt

Did you see the silver/orange RS?

Looks like RPM has it back on their web site.

http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door35.htm

Can't believe he bought it from Ray and sold it back within a month.
Yeah, He has a deal going on, not for me to say. In some ways it keeps inventory fresh. It is a really nice car although no PCCB. I would love it for the track but now your talking cup territory and I don't have the money for either.

Anthony, I had a brand new GT3RS in the same green color pull up to me on the freeway a few weeks back. It was bouncing like a damn go kart!! I don't even have to take a ride to know that it is not street friendly. He punched it as soon as he got a clearing but i had my baby in boost-ready rpm. To my surprise and probably his too, he didn't pull awway from me. But it was just a friendly run. And in the GT3s defense, it had a large driver .
CGT, CGT, CGT!!!
They run pretty stiff H&R springs. Not a car I would want to drive on the street for many reasons but still would love to own. Although it was not as stiff as i expected. The only RS worth owning is the white one with minimal options. Exhaust tweak and track ready. Although the green one would be great if i had the $$ to burn.

These cars are pretty fast but i am sure my turbo could hold its own. I am not so sure about stock turbos but I have about the same power to weight minus the driver that is.

So Mike what Porsche do you have your eye on?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling