Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Anthony, another Cobalt Turbo 3.6

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:58 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,261 Posts

I am 99% this is the same car as pictured. These pictures are a few years old and really show Cobalt blue well. The interior is nice especially with the rootwood shifter but I still like black interior myself.

Apparently whomever purchased it has done some work to it since. Nice clean car she only had 17k miles back in 2005

Apparently not another rennlister.
Attached Images     
Old 06-07-2007, 11:08 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't what it is, but that color interior doesn't work well with the blue and the wood (even though nice) is a little too much. Too many colors blue, grey (two shades at that, one for the seats one for the wheel) and brown all on one car. I don't know maybe it's just me. Still very nice car though
Old 06-07-2007, 11:58 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SA Mike
I don't what it is, but that color interior doesn't work well with the blue and the wood (even though nice) is a little too much. Too many colors blue, grey (two shades at that, one for the seats one for the wheel) and brown all on one car. I don't know maybe it's just me. Still very nice car though
I couldn't agree more. I am so luck to have found the one with black interior. I can't understand what prompts people to mix some interiors with exteriors.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

"Guess it depends if your cup is half empty or half full."

I would say that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:37 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
"Guess it depends if your cup is half empty or half full."

I would say that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Interesting way of putting it.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:32 PM
turbo 3.6
Racer

Originally Posted by Turbo Jonny
I like to enter when there is a "street concourse" section at UK shows.These are not too perfectionist and allow modifications. Its hard enough to plan where you can find clear roads and safe parking without having to worry about every last bit of dirt and stonechip ! I think there are too many special porsches in collectors and concourse contestants garages that never get driven like they were designed for.Bit sad really..
I fully agree, very sad to see some of these cars spending most of their life tucked up under a cover and not out being driven and enjoyed like they were intended.

Mine sure gets driven!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 175 Likes on 104 Posts

+1on not really liking the color combination. Black and tan really are the only colors that do it for me on the inside.

Bill
Old 06-08-2007, 12:44 PM
RoadKill
Instructor

Tough to tell what kind of "Gray" the interior is. Oftentimes the flash makes the gray look very light, when it isn't in real life.
I have a Cobalt Blue 996TT that Anthony has seen. It has a Dark Gray interior (with Carbon Fiber everywhere) and it looks terific. I also have a 964 Turbo in Amazon Green with the same color Gray interior and after 65,000 miles, it still looks fresh.

By the way, I suspect that Anthony and I are the only two people in the world that have Porsches in Amazon Green and Cobalt Blue!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:05 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoadKill
Tough to tell what kind of "Gray" the interior is. Oftentimes the flash makes the gray look very light, when it isn't in real life.
I have a Cobalt Blue 996TT that Anthony has seen. It has a Dark Gray interior (with Carbon Fiber everywhere) and it looks terific. I also have a 964 Turbo in Amazon Green with the same color Gray interior and after 65,000 miles, it still looks fresh.

By the way, I suspect that Anthony and I are the only two people in the world that have Porsches in Amazon Green and Cobalt Blue!
Yes but now I am up to 2 Amazon Green's. Both are such great colors

Your Cobalt/Dark Gray with the CF looks exquisite. It is a beautiful car and works well on the 996 especially with all the carbon fiber. IIRC the 996TT has a darker tint to the windows than these earlier cars.

I for one like the light gray look on a different colored car but just don't feel it works well with the cobalt blue and very little window tint. I would probably like it better if the dash and carpeting were black on this car or if the entire interior was dark gray with black accents. Just too much going on in one interior and it must be impossible to keep this interior clean. This car had 17k miles on it when these pictures were taken. Ironically most Cobalt blue cars I see have this light gray vs the darker gray interior.

BTW how are things with you and your Family? Still working upstairs from my wife? Hope to see you at the NNJR 50th picnic. Are you bringing your turbo for the big car show?
Attached Images    
Old 06-08-2007, 01:21 PM
RoadKill
Instructor

Hope to be there for the 50th celebration. 50/50 chance I'll be traveling. Will know better next week.

Been very busy the last couple of years - Thus the lack of input to the forum.

Have to get serious about this retirement thing. Then every day is Saturday!

Quick Reply: Anthony, another Cobalt Turbo 3.6