964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Introducing myself

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Dodgy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi John

The run was out the back of the Hunua ranges on way to Puke raceway. Roads were narrow country stuff with camber all over the place as per your experience. Car no problem on standard tight roads. Probably right also about being pushed beyond comfort zone, second time have experienced the twitchyness at high speed on roads with inconsistent camber. Not much fun at 160 kph behind the latest Carrera S.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:40 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

I did an unofficial run out that way with club members - it was my last unofficial one. Yellow 996 in front, 951 stuck to my rear, 180 kph down a narrow straight in the wet and all I could think afterwards was how stupid it was to do this on a public road and risk lives, so I've never put myself in that situation again.

Our cars have big fat tyres that follow imperfections in the road and tend to feel light in the front as well, which gives that skittish feeling when pushing it on B roads. I find it far more satisfying to travel on smooth roads and follow the maxim slow in fast out...when that boost and rear weight bias work together the drive is magic

Last edited by John McM; 03-10-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:02 AM
turbo 3.6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Our cars have big fat tyres that follow imperfections in the road and tend to feel light in the front as well, which gives that skittish feeling when pushing it on B roads. I find it far more satisfying to travel on smooth roads and follow the maxim slow in fast out...when that boost and rear weight bias work together the drive is magic
Hi John, I couldnt agree more!! ;-)

Quick Reply: Introducing myself