Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

WTB 964 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 103 Posts

Yasir, read what I have written about the po's saving all the miles for me! Hell, I drove it from Fort Collins to Denver every day this week except today.

Bill
Old 02-10-2007, 09:44 AM
oscar94
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like the front seats have been replaced...wonder if this was a tracked car? might have been a rough 80000 miles
Old 02-10-2007, 10:16 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a deposit on that car at Weissach. It is getting a full top-end rebuild, plus must go through their 96 point inspection. I am also bringing down my wrench for a PPI. Yes, the car was tracked by the previous owner who installed the Recaros---they are in the process of locating a set of black sport seats for me.

The paint is all original except the 2 doors that were resprayed due to numerous dings. Dan Jacobs is performing the rebuild---he knows these cars well and has a great rep; the co-owner of Weissach, Phil, seems to to a standup guy as well.

I don't have a problem with a car that has been tracked---these cars are usually very well maintained (speaking from my Cup experience). I was originally considering a few garage queens (the GR 1991 at RPM for example), but decided to get something to drive and not worry about. Historically, I have purchased really low mile cars and then "saved" them for the next owner by not driving them.

The big thing for me is getting the top end rebuilt by a well respected guy who will stand behind the car---everything will be in good working order. I will keep you posted on the results of the PPI next week. Since I am new to the Turbo world, what issues should I be most concerned with?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Mike
Old 02-10-2007, 10:44 AM
JRRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

It sounds like a good find Mike. Good luck with everything, keep us posted.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:17 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,020 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Originally Posted by K964
I have a deposit on that car at Weissach. It is getting a full top-end rebuild, plus must go through their 96 point inspection. I am also bringing down my wrench for a PPI. Yes, the car was tracked by the previous owner who installed the Recaros---they are in the process of locating a set of black sport seats for me.

The paint is all original except the 2 doors that were resprayed due to numerous dings. Dan Jacobs is performing the rebuild---he knows these cars well and has a great rep; the co-owner of Weissach, Phil, seems to to a standup guy as well.

I don't have a problem with a car that has been tracked---these cars are usually very well maintained (speaking from my Cup experience). I was originally considering a few garage queens (the GR 1991 at RPM for example), but decided to get something to drive and not worry about. Historically, I have purchased really low mile cars and then "saved" them for the next owner by not driving them.

The big thing for me is getting the top end rebuilt by a well respected guy who will stand behind the car---everything will be in good working order. I will keep you posted on the results of the PPI next week. Since I am new to the Turbo world, what issues should I be most concerned with?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Mike

Congrats Mike,

I am sure Dan will do an A+ job. If anyone knows these cars he does. When I spoke to Dan last month he mentioned he was opening Weissach and I only got the announcement in the mail the other day. That was fast work on your part. I agree if you really want to enjoy the car the mileage will not matter so long as everything is well maintained and the work is done properly.

Good Luck let us know how it turns out. Sounds like the deal of the year.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:24 PM
TJN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low mileage P cars

Y, are you cured? Last time we talked you had the bug. Cheers, TJN/VK
Old 02-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by Y.S
So we all think there's nothing wrong with owning/buying an 80,000 miles C2 Turbo and yet we all buy the lowest possible mileage car...why this double standard
My car has at total of 15,000 miles and it had been sitting for 2 years before I bought it. With Dan's help and significant $$ it took me 9 months to get it be a perfect driver. I learned my lesson and would never buy a low mileage museum piece again. In fact, I believe higher mileage cars with a good PPI and history provide much more certainty and less risk.

Congrats Mike. This is a great find!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:29 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey there, should be picking up the car in about 2-3 weeks. Met with Dan Jacobs yesterday and he gave me the skinny on the car---he has intimate knowledge of it since 1996. I also brought over my mechanic friend for a PPI and everything checked out. Dan will provide leak down and compression #'s once the engine is tested, and I am very confident in what he has told me.

Now, the only decision I need to make is whether I want the cloth Recaro SRDs flipped out for leather 4-way sport seats (used but in very good condition) or leather 8-way regular seats (perfect---practically brand new). He has offered me both of these options. I am leaning towards the sport seats---any thoughts or opinions? I am sooooooooo pumped for the new addition!!!!!!

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 02-17-2007, 11:16 AM
l clark
Intermediate

How much would a polar silver late 92 {#304 out of 309 produced for North America}with 65,000 mi. full black leather,heated seats,lumbar support,driver and pass. side ,pre wired cell phone option,elect. sun roof, m980 ruffled leather seat covering,m850 {don't know what option that is}, EVO air filter system,cat by pass with 3"X12"straight through muffler,muffler by pass,boost guage mounted in it's own housing on pass side of console beside switch pannel,1bar spring, air injection removd , paint probably 99% be worth?( Also have all parts that have been removed to be put back to original factory stock)
Old 02-17-2007, 11:32 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,020 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Hey there, should be picking up the car in about 2-3 weeks. Met with Dan Jacobs yesterday and he gave me the skinny on the car---he has intimate knowledge of it since 1996. I also brought over my mechanic friend for a PPI and everything checked out. Dan will provide leak down and compression #'s once the engine is tested, and I am very confident in what he has told me.

Now, the only decision I need to make is whether I want the cloth Recaro SRDs flipped out for leather 4-way sport seats (used but in very good condition) or leather 8-way regular seats (perfect---practically brand new). He has offered me both of these options. I am leaning towards the sport seats---any thoughts or opinions? I am sooooooooo pumped for the new addition!!!!!!

Thanks again,Mike

Mike,

Sounds like you stepped in it as they say. I guess you have to decide what you plan to do with it. I have the 8 way supple leather seats in my car and they are comfortable but lacking in support for hard driving. Black Cloth 5 point Recaro SRD's are what I am looking for to put in my C2. They are a nice seat for all around driving, street, autocorss and occasional DE. However a car as nice as the turbo 3.6 I think the factory sport seats would be the best option. If the sport seats fit you, they make a nice compliment to the car. You need more support than the 8 way comfort seats offer. I am actually installing 8 way adjustable hardback 993TT sport seats in mine soon. I think for factory seats they are the most comfortable and supportive with less pinch around the middle and more shoulder support, but out of the three mentioned I would opt for the factory sport seats hands down.

BTW if the SRD's are clean and in good shape I might be interested in them if you decide to go a different route. Or let me know if Dan wants to sell them.

Keep us informed on the progress. Looks like Dan should have you ready just in time for the nice weather.

Best Luck

Anthony
Old 02-17-2007, 04:41 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Anthony,

Thanks for the reply. Dan will be removing the SRDs from my car soon---I am not sure what he will be doing with them. You may want to give him a call.

I would love to test out the feel of the sport seats before I decide, but am not sure if I will be able to do so. I will be using the car for some quickie blasts through the Adirondacks and the occasional long road trip to the beach.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 02-17-2007, 06:17 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

The factory sport seats are awesome; they hug and keep you in place. The only problem is, you need to be very careful of the bolsters when you or your passengers are getting in and out of the car. You will not be dissapointed with adding them to your car.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:37 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Mike, the 964 sports seats are great. Charlie had a set in his former daily driven C2.

That 3.6T at Dans is nice. I was thinking of buying it too. I think it is a good deal on a nice car. I am pretty sure that it is formerly owned by Oliver Zitsman. If so, Charlie & I looked at it back in ~2004. Oliver sold it to a dealer and I'm not sure where it went after that.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 103 Posts

+1 on the factory sport seats.

Bill
Old 02-17-2007, 07:31 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks again,
Mike
Mike,

Congrats. I saw this car and it definitely was well taken care of and is a great buy. Great buy is not only for the car, but Phil and Dan have lots of creditability and always want to do right for their customers.

I too would go with sport seats. Good luck.

Quick Reply: WTB 964 Turbo