964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

3x Bypass = HP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Burman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Addict: Its ok man..No i dont have it yet
Do you have 0.9 spring or 1bar?They diden have 0.9 when i order it so i got the 1bar instead.They said."You have to look with a lamda to see that the mix is ok" so i guess i have to do that.
Im little affraid that my boost is going to get to high with the 1bar spring and no cat.What do you think?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:23 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Many use the 1 bar. Its generally accepted that this is OK.
To be honest, I don't know what spring is in mine as it was before I bought it. Its faster than normal that's all I know and everyone tells me. When it goes in for its service next month, I will ask the garage to hook up a temporary boost gauge to measure it.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:23 AM
Burman
Instructor

I was testing my car yesterday. I had the 1bar spring in the wastegate and nothing after the turbo.
The car felt really fast ,but it cut the fuel(to much boost) I dont know what do do now...
When i fit the bypass pipe and the g-pipe i think its gone do the same.Mabye i have to go back to the 0.7 spring
Old 12-08-2006, 06:27 AM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Hi Burman,
You should not have problems with the 1 bar and cat bypass. I am not that technical, but have you still got the Lamda sensor plugged in, or did you disconnect it after your cat bypass? My understanding is that it is best left connected as it helps regulate the mixture. Also everyone seems to say that you should set the Oxygen at 3% although if everything is connected and works properly then the CIS settings should adjust themselves. I have never set mine, but the car runs perfectly.

As I said I am no expert so you might be better posting a new thread on your questions.

PS: Cutting out on boost might be due to a faulty Blow Off Valve, or a leak somewhere.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Burman
Instructor

Hi addict!

It worked fine in 1st gear but later in 2 gear in cut. Yes i hade the lamda plugged in.But i diden have anything after the turbo(no cat or no cat bypass pipe). Mabye it will work better when i fit the bypass pipe and the g pipe.
i have fitted a new membran in my wastegate..can that be the problem?
Old 02-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Burman
Instructor

Ok..the problem was a leak in te WG-membrane.Works better now
But i have to put my 0.7 spring back..Diden sound good on high revs in 3gear with the 1bar spring.
Hmm i hope someone can help me with the fuel mix..
But the car sounds sooooooo good with my bypasspipe!! Give me summer NOW!!!

Quick Reply: 3x Bypass = HP?