964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

EFI Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 10:27 PM
marcvip
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Imagine Auto,

Can you give us more details, dynos, links, pictures of any successful EFI conversions?

Below is a negative comment from another customer;

Edited by John D.

Last edited by marcvip; 04-15-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Originally Posted by marcvip
Imagine Auto,

Below is a negative comment from your shop.

Edited by John D.

Marcvip,

What is the point of posting a comment like this? Stephen is a very helpful person on this forum. I suggest you take your flame posting elsewhere. Truly ignorant!!!!

Craig
Old 04-15-2007, 10:47 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

I wouldn't think that the Porsche Club of America elects to have a salesperson as their past, present and future tech chair on all turbo model Porsche.

I think this last post was inappropriate slander towards a valuable member of this forum; with foolish intentions to provoke an argument.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:01 PM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Those are some internet fighting words there.

Look, there are a lot of opinions out there. Some people go on to boards maybe try to trash Stephen or Pat Williams or whoever and then go about their lives not thinking about anyone but themselves. I think it is a pathetic. It's like being mad at someone and instead of going and facing them, you go and key their car or something.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Imagine Auto,

Can you give us more details, dynos, links, pictures of any successful EFI conversions?

"Not much going on here motor is at JB Racing for its third rebuild with less than 2000 miles and never more than 10lbs of boost, turns out Stephen Kasper really is not much of a motor builder more of a salesman. Well you live and learn some time the expensive way."
Wow, that makes sense because I offer a 12K 12 month warranty with my motors. I guess they choose not to ever contact me? Interesting post since I keep in contact with almost all of my engine clients. Third rebuild? I have not rebuilt any motor 3 times. I have not needed to. Really strange wouldn't you say? Farther more I have not done an EFI motor in Fl which is where JB racing is located. Maybe you can shed some light on this?

But just fot grins, here are some dynos for you.
Attached Images    

Last edited by PorschePhD; 04-15-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:10 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Here are some install pics for you as well and a post https://rennlist.com/forums/911-turbo-930-forum/291523-efi-coil-over-big-reds-evo-2-first-thoughts.html
Attached Images    

Last edited by PorschePhD; 04-15-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Stephen is an excellent salesman, he also knows more than a thing or two about Turbo Porsches.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Imagine Auto,

"Not much going on here motor is at JB Racing for its third rebuild with less than 2000 miles and never more than 10lbs of boost, turns out Stephen Kasper really is not much of a motor builder more of a salesman. Well you live and learn some time the expensive way."

Oh, I found it. Dave. Yes, I built the motor the first time. He did all the install and tuning in his own. The motor ingested metal and tore the bearings apart on 1, 2 and 3. I rebuilt it free of charge and told him to yank all the lines tanks and throw them away and start new. I did not do the EFI conversion on this nor the install. He is the only customer I have not heard from in years.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:56 AM
cardsrule
Pro

I would like to jump in here for a quick second. I had Imagine Auto EFI conversion done on my 79 930 (yeah one of the old ones) about a year ago. I can’t tell you how happy I am with EFI conversion and the other “improvements” to the car that Stephen and the whole team did. I had a lot done to the car so it took a little while but it is well worth it to know that things were done right. I have seen the quick and wrong way on my car a few times and nothing is more frustrating. My favorite story about the whole IA experience (other than the video of my car shooting fire ***** on the dyno) was how above and beyond Stephen went with the install of my new muffler. My headers were/are screwy so the muffler was not fitting in the stock location. Stephen spent half a day cutting it up in three places to make it fit my car. It was such a pain in the *** he was welding for so long that he got 2nd degree burns on this arms from the UV. Did he charge me for the time he spent installing the muffler, NO.

I have been “sales man” before and there is no way I am going to burn anything on my body for a sale. Stephen loves these cars like the rest of it, that’s why he does it.

Very satisfied customer (Scott)

If anyone has questions feel free to pm or email me.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

Stephen did a phenomenal job on my 89 930 efi conversion. It's a truly outstanding engine. I've known stephen for about 10 years and he's done 2 cars for me. Both fantastic. He's very helpful and involved. He's a real "techie" and very detailed and focused. He does it right. The only negative thing you can say is that he takes a while, but he does it right because he spends a lot of personal time on each conversion.

If you are going to say something negative about stehpen around here, you need to be able to back it up with more than "I heard something from this guy about his cousin who had an engine that stephen took a picture of at a swap meet and it needed a rebuild." Please save that for your time on the honda civic "street kills" forum.

-dc
Old 04-16-2007, 10:04 AM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

So you still have your car Derrick?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

Jim,
I sold it a while ago. Nothing wrong with the car at all and I really enjoyed it. I just have "car trade disease." Actually, the only thing wrong with it is that everytime I got on it I'd be going 120mph in just a few seconds. I ran like an 11.8 in that car without trying very hard...

I bought an s2000 as a stop gap until I find my next porsche. I had it at sebring this weekend. What an incredible, incredible track car! It was going like 2:40 to 2:42 stock with just some r-tires with only 240hp!

I want another 911 turbo, but I don't want any more old cars and I don't like the new ones...

-dc
Old 04-16-2007, 11:01 PM
shockm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also very happy with the results from my build. Stephen is an honest guy that stands behind his work. My project was the entire motor, from the bottom end and up, including Motec M48.
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Imagine Auto,

I just happened to stumble on to this thread and feel I must chime in here. Some of you may remember that a year or so ago I had a motor built, some transmission and suspension work done by an outfit in thePacific Northwest that lasted less then nine months before the engine self-destructed. A $32,000 mistake for me! Long story short; I did contact the original builder and he chose not to do anything regarding my engine failure. So I did my homework, loaded it on a transported and shipped it to Kansas. I had many long conversations with Stephen about the failed motor, what was or wasn't done and what we could do to prevent a reocurrence. I dumped another $27K into the car, including transportation, and had IA do everthing over again correctly! No EFI however, just about everything but.

Here's the bottom line; when I got the car back it had all most 40 HP more then from the previous build on .4 bar less boost! hmmm? It also developed a small oil leak after I drove it a very short time. I called Stephen and within a week he had sent a truck to pick the car up, from Ca., fixed the leak and had it back to me with in seven weeks.

I must say I found Stephen Kasper to be a true gentleman with a huge passion for what he does and an even larger amount of integrity. I would like to hear the real story behind this persons motor failure. I would be willing to bet a ton of $$$$ that it didn't have anything to do with Stephen Kasper or IA! Just my two cents.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:23 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Ah yes, the leak and the missing 4 miles on the car AND my detail!!

Quick Reply: EFI Conversion